New guy interested in climbing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by (WLL)
im a 23 year old been climbing a year learn from my brother.

WLL-long time no see. But what happened?

Quote:
its only bin 11 yrs in the biz with only 7or8 climbing

Quote:
dont think trees round hear get much bigger than 100ft but im very willing to go bigger. i have 10 yrs climbing exp on the east coast but dont think im mental or physically ready to rig down any spreading monster mountain ash in small quarters like a_loppa and some of u other cowboys do wow

Mutiple choice-

Simple, He's a 23 year old tree worker who started : __________
A) One year ago
B) Eleven years ago
C) Ten years on the east coast and one year some where else

Call him if you need a climber with : ___________
A) One year experience
B) Seven years experience
C) Eight years experience
D) Ten years experience

Fill in the blanks and send your answers to his brother.

I vote for "None". Sounds like someone gets their facts a little crossed up when fabricating reality.

what is this crap

this is one reason i get negs wll is 28, wll brother is 23. wll started tree care part time at 15 4 ledyard tree works went full time at 16 im now 28 and bin climbing 10+ yrs and still going strong.any questions? im not an asskisser and only state true facts about healthy tree care. i dont give false info to enquiring minds and i will call your bluff if u do mr 020 and for the wolf maby i misunderstood you when you said u pay max 15per hr and end up doing every thing yourself and i did not like you taking some loballen company side that is 500 miles from you about looking to hire immigrants to save money. u also gave me neg reps for not agreaing with u about a friction hitch i havnot used since 1990 and wll must not know what he is doing if he dont use what i do. you gave me negs 4 saying you cant teach the old dog new trix. your hissy fit all happend in 1 hour i got negg rep and you were happy over time i learned that the big ones are more likley to be big immature :cry:babbies and picking people apart with spelling mistakes and **** talking. so grow up u big old dog and act your size and more important your age. its bin a long time so go back and look befor u leap:clap:

for the wolf maby i misunderstood you when you said u pay max 15per hr and end up doing every thing yourself and i did not like you taking some loballen company side that is 500 miles from you about looking to hire immigrants to save money. u also gave me neg reps for not agreaing with u about a friction hitch i havnot used since 1990 and wll must not know what he is doing if he dont use what i do. you gave me negs 4 saying you cant teach the old dog new trix. your hissy fit all happend in 1 hour i got negg rep and you were happy over time i learned that the big ones are more likley to be big immature :cry:babbies and picking people apart with spelling mistakes and **** talking. so grow up u big old dog and act your size and more important your age. its bin a long time so go back and look befor u leap:clap:

Ok WLL, this is why you and i are always fighting-YOU HAVE ME CONFUSED WITH SOMEONE ELSE-GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL! I am a climber for a company. I am an employee. I get paid, i don't pay other people. I have never owned a company with employees that need to be paid. I do some contract climbing but that is the only business i've owned and the only one that gets paid is me. $15 per hour is a little cheap in my book anyway. As for the illegal immigrant thing, about the only time i've joined that conversation is when someone was bashing Asplundh in Texas for hiring immigrants and i replied that i'd never seen any for Asplundh here in NY. Now you are right, i didn't agree with you on how you tie a blakes but why would i neg you-i work with a climber that ties a distal different than me-doesn't mean we fight about it. You got awful defensive about that and never told my why you tied it the way you do. Was the blakes even being used in 1990? Were you climbing on a blakes in 1990? As for not teaching an old dog new tricks, i'll freely admit i'm an old dog. I still use some of the techniques that i was first taught simply because i still like the way they work. I get picked on all the time about my "outdated ways of doing things" at the shop. No big deal. As for neg repping-i've never negged anyone-if i don't agree with what someone has said, i tell them right out in the open, kind of like i'm doing right now. I do have a problem that you can't seem to figure out the comma in my sig line, but that's your problem and not mine.

What's the matter, have a problem with big climbers?

Last edited:
im sorry

Ok WLL, this is why you and i are always fighting-YOU HAVE ME CONFUSED WITH SOMEONE ELSE-GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL! I am a climber for a company. I am an employee. I get paid, i don't pay other people. I have never owned a company with employees that need to be paid. I do some contract climbing but that is the only business i've owned and the only one that gets paid is me. $15 per hour is a little cheap in my book anyway. As for the illegal immigrant thing, about the only time i've joined that conversation is when someone was bashing Asplundh in Texas for hiring immigrants and i replied that i'd never seen any for Asplundh here in NY. Now you are right, i didn't agree with you on how you tie a blakes but why would i neg you-i work with a climber that ties a distal different than me-doesn't mean we fight about it. You got awful defensive about that and never told my why you tied it the way you do. Was the blakes even being used in 1990? Were you climbing on a blakes in 1990? As for not teaching an old dog new tricks, i'll freely admit i'm an old dog. I still use some of the techniques that i was first taught simply because i still like the way they work. I get picked on all the time about my "outdated ways of doing things" at the shop. No big deal. As for neg repping-i've never negged anyone-if i don't agree with what someone has said, i tell them right out in the open, kind of like i'm doing right now. I do have a problem that you can't seem to figure out the comma in my sig line, but that's your problem and not mine.

What's the matter, have a problem with big climbers?

lets stop the bs or do it in another part of a/s .the site should not be used for this crap

Last edited:
Back