new guy need help with port work!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slimm77

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey everyone, I just joined hoping I can get some help from all you guys! I have been working on saws for years, I have never not been able to get one running, thats not why I am here today, I have be pushing the idea around for years about building a hot saw but have just recently decided to, I have a couple of stihls (038super) and husky 266, but the one I have already started on is a makita 6401 same as dolmar I have already made a custom stainless dual port muffler and changed the jetting also made an advanced timing key, needless to say the saw will easily out cut all my others but I want more and the next step I guess is to either port the piston or cylinder? I need suggestions as well as photos of how to port it, I want to do all of the work myself I do have alot of money to pay out for someone else to do it plus I love messing with it. I have all of the tools I am sure and if not I can get them I am a certified welder so the metal work for the muffler was easy, now the saw sounds like a sand rail, just needs more top end . I hope to hear what you all have to say and again suggestions on other mods welcome!
thanks,
Ben:chainsawguy:

Find a 7900 p&c and install it, most don't go more than a muffler mod on Dolmars, to easy to screw up. They are super hot out of the box anyway.:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back