New guy new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steven stern

Tamarrack junkie
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have learned alot reading through these forums and im excited to finaly be a member. Just got a new saw, my first brand new one and actualy got this model because of the recomendations from u knowledgeable folks. Just saying hello!

Attachments

• 20150219_132311.jpg
    20150219_132311.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 165
o_O.... "the neighbor (friend, coworker- use whatever fits) gave it to me;).

(Really, this does happen for real too). Two of mine I received that way about 8 years ago.

Duane

Edit- I've actually received 3. A coworker just gave me a MS170 a few weeks back, minor issues with idle.

You just need to order the ms362 roller/catcher and double dawgs....the ms261 clutch cover is made to fit them and everything is there for the upgrade.....you just need to drill one hole which is centrepunched and ready to be drilled.

I read countless pages of information on this forum and came to the same conclusion!

I've only put about 6 tanks through it so far but it gets stronger with every tank. The saw I used before this was an old 029 Super, a great saw but the 261c is light years ahead.

Go enjoy your new saw! Oh, and do a muffler mod, you won't be dissapointed.

must be a newlywed:drinkingcoffee::rolleyes:

Not a newlywed by a long shot. LOL..... She asked me the other day how many saws I had, and I calmly and coolly said "a couple" and that was that. When you have a bunch of something and you add another, the original ones help camouflage the new arrival if that makes any sense.

o_O.... "the neighbor (friend, coworker- use whatever fits) gave it to me;).

(Really, this does happen for real too). Two of mine I received that way about 8 years ago.

Duane

Edit- I've actually received 3. A coworker just gave me a MS170 a few weeks back, minor issues with idle.
Pull that carb off and clean it. If that don't do it, get a WT-215 Walbro adjustable carb and we will walk you through the steps. That saw will be twice as good. Just did it last night on my 170.

Latest posts

Back