New Guy saying "hi"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawaddict

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
hey there, just thought id introduce myself. Just wrapping up my first winter of total wood heat. Its a pretty great feeling and accomplishment. i went out and bought a new MS660 to reward myself and to help me get ready for next year. I just cant seem to get enough of chainsaws and firewood. :greenchainsaw:

I look forward to the knowledge i will gain on this site, and maybe now and then I can add some info:popcorn:

Welcome to the wood heat board. The 660 is cool, I have one that mostlly just gets played with.

Welcome to the wood heat board. The 660 is cool, I have one that mostlly just gets played with.

Thanks. So far I love it. It looks a little silly with a 20" bar, but it's still a lot of fun. Im looking forward to having a lot of fun with it this summer!!

Welcome!

But watch out... it addicting. :) I spent some of my oil savings on saws / PPE/ Splitter, etc. It goes on and on....

I've burned only 1/4 of one tank of oil in the last 15 months!! I used to use 4-5 tanks per winter......

I love it.

JD in PA

cutting with 066'S

Thanks. So far I love it. It looks a little silly with a 20" bar, but it's still a lot of fun. Im looking forward to having a lot of fun with it this summer!!
Welcome You're better off than I was when I started heating with wood in 1979. I used a Mac 250 and a Pioneer 1072. Mac was very heavy and slow, but both were free. I got my first 066 then I was hooked. Now I have 2 more 066's and an MS660, 028 for trimming out tops. A 20' bar is all I use for Maple tops, 25" and 28" for felling or milling. Get all the PPE, these saws can bite.

Welcome

Welcome to the AS Forum, my FiL uses a 066 Magnum with a 20" bar, and loves it !!! It sure goes through the wood.

66.jpg

Welcome!

But watch out... it addicting. :) I spent some of my oil savings on saws / PPE/ Splitter, etc. It goes on and on....

I've burned only 1/4 of one tank of oil in the last 15 months!! I used to use 4-5 tanks per winter......

I love it.

JD in PA

Yeah, the savings dont get saved, but thats part of the fun.

Ive used 11% of my 500 gallon propane tank since august. We had to leave a couple times during the holidays. If it wasnt for that I dont know if that furnace would have even kicked on!!

I just cant get enough.

I have a few friends with large amounts of property that have let me cut wood, but would like to branch out and get some better wood this summer. Anybody have any advice/tips when approaching land owners about cutting firewood?

Welcome to the site.....

This place can warp your sense of reality on needs verses wants! But looks like you got yourself a major fix already with the 660.....

Welcome chainsawaddict. You will find all sorts of valuable information on these forums. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Am just wrapping up my firewood gathering for the year and it is none too soon as the thaw is threatening and we are in red clay [need a smiley for 'scared']. The 2171 has almost drank its first 5 gal. of mix and it runs sweet for me.
They just had the "Tough Boating Challenge" here @ Whitefish Lake and everyone had fun but I was working on the firewood and just got to watch them drive by.
Oh well, my fun is to load the stove in the winter and my hobby is staying warm :clap:

Nice big saw you bought yourself there [need a green with envy smiley here]

welcome to this addictive site (my wife thought i might be looking at ####) I too have fallen in love with saving money and the high of being more self sufficient. our natural gas bill went from 365 to 53 dollars last month.next is the cable t.v. 50$ a month and there is nothing on, with an old antenna we get local stations 4 free

welcome to this addictive site (my wife thought i might be looking at ####) I too have fallen in love with saving money and the high of being more self sufficient. our natural gas bill went from 365 to 53 dollars last month.next is the cable t.v. 50$ a month and there is nothing on, with an old antenna we get local stations 4 free

We successfully ditched cable too, back in august. It has been a great winter. No Propane+No Cable=MS660:givebeer:

Latest posts

Back