Hi from Ireland

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbie irish

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Been a long time lurker on here but never got around to formally introducing myself. Living in Ireland. Mostly firewood I cut but like to collect some saws too, all Stihl. Have a little collection that includes,
020AV, MS200T, 044, MS660, MS880 and a 090AV. Looking forward to getting to know a few on here.

Best regards,
Rob

Been a long time lurker on here but never got around to formally introducing myself. Living in Ireland. Mostly firewood I cut but like to collect some saws too, all Stihl. Have a little collection that includes,
020AV, MS200T, 044, MS660, MS880 and a 090AV. Looking forward to getting to know a few on here.

Best regards,
Rob
Sell me your 200T?

Best regards,
Rob
you have some of the best saws of all time!

Welcome! My ancestors came from Cavan, (Moore) and Scotland, by way of Armaugh (Gibson). I like to hang out in Donegal, but anywhere in the west or central is fine!

The story is that Mr Gibson was exiled from Scotland to Ireland for being a "non-conformist." I like that!

Welcome! My ancestors came from Cavan, (Moore) and Scotland, by way of Armaugh (Gibson). I like to hang out in Donegal, but anywhere in the west or central is fine!

The story is that Mr Gibson was exiled from Scotland to Ireland for being a "non-conformist." I like that!
I’m from the south west, limerick/kerry direction. I’m sure there’s many more than can trace there family routes back here to the old country. Donegal is a very picturesque county.

Welcome! I just got back from Ireland this past Friday. We spent a week over there for work doing some equipment installs in our Clonmel plant. Also took a day to tour our plant in Cork and meet with their engineering team. Beautiful country and everyone was great to deal with.

Welcome! I just got back from Ireland this past Friday. We spent a week over there for work doing some equipment installs in our Clonmel plant. Also took a day to tour our plant in Cork and meet with their engineering team. Beautiful country and everyone was great to deal with.
What plants did you visit. Hardly the bulmers plants ?

What plants did you visit. Hardly the bulmers plants ?
I work for Boston Scientific as part of one of our in-house equipment development teams. We built some equipment for one of our sister plants in Clonmel, and then spent a day with our counterparts in Cork in preparation for another project we are starting on. I'm not a fan of cities by any means, but Cork was really nice. While we were in Cork we stayed at Hayfield Manor. I'm pretty sure they have furniture that's older than our country.... Definitely one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in, and their Halibut was probably the best I've ever had.

I work for Boston Scientific as part of one of our in-house equipment development teams. We built some equipment for one of our sister plants in Clonmel, and then spent a day with our counterparts in Cork in preparation for another project we are starting on. I'm not a fan of cities by any means, but Cork was really nice. While we were in Cork we stayed at Hayfield Manor. I'm pretty sure they have furniture that's older than our country.... Definitely one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in, and their Halibut was probably the best I've ever had.
I’ve heard of Boston scientific many times. Apparently a good company to work for. I like cork myself, I do a good deal of hunting down around there. Some very historic buildings in the city. You surly tried a pint of Murphy’s while staying in the city ?

I’ve heard of Boston scientific many times. Apparently a good company to work for. I like cork myself, I do a good deal of hunting down around there. Some very historic buildings in the city. You surly tried a pint of Murphy’s while staying in the city ?
They are definitely "woke", but they do treat the employees pretty well. After 17 years in Automotive, I'd rather deal with woke politics than +65hr work weeks with no over time and no home life. Unfortunately, I found that I needed to give up drinking all together over 20 years ago. Just doesn't work for me personally. Ironically, while walking through Cork, we ran into an Irish couple who had lived in East TN. He told us that if we found any Murphy's while we were there to let him know, because he still hadn't been able to track any down.

They are definitely "woke", but they do treat the employees pretty well. After 17 years in Automotive, I'd rather deal with woke politics than +65hr work weeks with no over time and no home life. Unfortunately, I found that I needed to give up drinking all together over 20 years ago. Just doesn't work for me personally. Ironically, while walking through Cork, we ran into an Irish couple who had lived in East TN. He told us that if we found any Murphy's while we were there to let him know, because he still hadn't been able to track any down.
I’m working for an American company too ( analog devices) , not too bad to work for either but some of that woke nonsense is starting to creep in. Murphy’s is a very cork drink, I’m a big Guinness drinker but when in cork it’s Murphy’s only I’ll drink. Most of the pubs and hotels carry it on tap.

Back