new guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woodweasel

woodweasel

ArboristSite Lurker
wow, this place is rough, I have one, it's purple and green (View attachment 206794) when I can afford it I want another mainly for carving wooden beavers - Boo-Ya! ....ain't grabbing nothin here junior ( new, so don't know how to post pics yet but if you click on the (wood load) pic will magically appear) ...this place is cool and I need to figure it out. ...I will be looking for a 460

Last edited:
Rookie1

Rookie1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Welcome fng.Dont worry about the ankle grab thing. Anyway lots to learn here and lots of friends to make. Heres your pic. :smile2:
206794d1321079122-wood-load-jpg

jhoff310

jhoff310

ArboristSite Guru
he appears to be worthy so far...we will see how worthy he really is...It is a requirement that all newbies send all senior members a piece of their seasoned wood. It's an initiation to test your worthiness. nice load of wood by the way, looks like there might be enough wood for all the senior members to get a piece :hmm3grin2orange:

All kidding aside, welcome to the boards, be prepared to learn alot and have fun, great group on here

Jeff

woodweasel

woodweasel

ArboristSite Lurker
thanks guys, .......Rookie, what did you do to post my pic? how? what? .....the load is pinion, should be worthy for all the seniors. was kidding about the purple and green, thats my "ORANGE AND WHITE" on top of the load. Figure a 460 is about right for what I need. Use to run a 441 and a 460 weighs about the same with a bit more power. Don't think I could swing much more than 14+ lbs all day long. I'm not worried about the ankle grabbing think.....I know how to joke around too! (I hope it was a joke). I figure a smaller saw for limbing (290 farm boss) and a larger (I'm thinking a 460) saw for felling and bucking would do me about right. What do you guys think? input, input. I have an old truck I want to turn into a "Frankenstien" wood truck, maybe you guys could help with ideas. I have some but always cool to hear more. Need to get some steady income first though. I am also rolling around the idea of buying a logging truck load of wood to process and sell as firewood. .....I have alot of questions :help::yoyo:

Hedgerow

Hedgerow

HACK
thanks guys, .......Rookie, what did you do to post my pic? how? what? .....the load is pinion, should be worthy for all the seniors. was kidding about the purple and green, thats my "ORANGE AND WHITE" on top of the load. Figure a 460 is about right for what I need. Use to run a 441 and a 460 weighs about the same with a bit more power. Don't think I could swing much more than 14+ lbs all day long. I'm not worried about the ankle grabbing think.....I know how to joke around too! (I hope it was a joke). I figure a smaller saw for limbing (290 farm boss) and a larger (I'm thinking a 460) saw for felling and bucking would do me about right. What do you guys think? input, input. I have an old truck I want to turn into a "Frankenstien" wood truck, maybe you guys could help with ideas. I have some but always cool to hear more. Need to get some steady income first though. I am also rolling around the idea of buying a logging truck load of wood to process and sell as firewood. .....I have alot of questions :help::yoyo:

Limbing saw??? 346 xp... Just do it...

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
. AS Supporting Member.
I have one, it's purple and green

was kidding about the purple and green, thats my "ORANGE AND WHITE" on top of the load.

Ahh, that's good. I was about to call the prison squad after you - led by Ljute and his gang of snackies. You wouldn't have survived.

Yes, ankle grabbing is a joke. Well, coming from me it's a joke, as is most everything I post here except my moustache. That's dead serious.

Welcome anyway! Glad to have you aboard. :smile2::clap::msp_thumbup:

Billy_Bob

Billy_Bob

ArboristSite Guru
Can you hear me in the back there? ...???

I hear you up in Oregon, even through the rain!

...Figure a 460 is about right for what I need. Use to run a 441 and a 460 weighs about the same with a bit more power. Don't think I could swing much more than 14+ lbs all day long. I'm not worried about the ankle grabbing think.....I know how to joke around too! (I hope it was a joke). I figure a smaller saw for limbing (290 farm boss) and a larger (I'm thinking a 460) saw for felling and bucking would do me about right. What do you guys think? input, input...

That was my thinking too as well as most loggers I know around here who have 460's banging around in the back of their trucks. With a 460 you get lots of power (for the long bars we need here), but not too heavy to lug around.

Then we use full skip chains with that saw when using a long bar (32/36 inches around here.)

woodweasel

woodweasel

ArboristSite Lurker
wow, this is great! Already is starting to feel like I found the right place:msp_thumbsup: .....to clarify, the saw on the truck is my 290 (poor thing is doing all the work but has been hangin tough forever) When I have the cash I will purchase a bigger saw (thinking 460) to pull through larger wood. The poor chevy 1/2 ton needs tlc. The "Frankenstein" wooder I am talking about is a '85, 1 ton Dodge 350 - 4x dually. Need to swap the utility bed for a big flatbed (thinking of maybe a dump set up). Need to learn to weld.......cheers

Last edited:

Latest posts