new harness

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramanujan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
need a new harness.. have been using a buckingham versatile. tried on a petzl vario and was impressed. has anyone used one?

i'd gladly hear some opinions on harnesses.

i spend about half my time in spurs, half spurless. want just one harness to do it all.

You might want to try a search on this subject -there has been a lot of posting on saddle preferences. I am currently in winter mode-'don't spend money if it can wait'. When things get rolling next spring I plan on getting a New Tribe/Ness Work Saddle. For now the Weaver 1040 is still working okay but I look forward to finding something with less hip-pinch.:)

Hey, anything wrong with a Versatile? Do you need a splitter to eliminate thigh pinch? Is the seat real hard and tough to sit in all day? What attatch-meant modes did you try? Rolling, split, centered? Worth the bux over Weaver bosun with wideback?

Actually i have been targetting a Versatile somewhere in the back of my head.............

See if you can find someone who carries Blair saddles. Though i guess it depends on what you usualy do in the saddel. Mostly removals, mostly simple pruning, mostly technical pruning with a lot of redirects and multiple TIP...

I bought a new saddle at TCI

I have been climbing with a buckingham older style with a floating D, and thought I needed a change so I bought a bought a butterfly and I love it it is comfy. I climb daily and I wish I had bought it earlier.
thanks Rich:D

Nope, there is a lot different. I know a couple people climbing on it, who love it. It did not fit me.

The batten and suspenders can be easily removed from whith clips simmilar to the B'ham saddle legstrap connector.

Latest posts

Back