New here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TumblebugTaylor

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Howdy folks, first time post here. Yall got a great site here, I found it while looking for information on an old skidder. Im 31 and have gotten into tree clean up and open removal. I run a private landfill and also have a small excavation and demo business o nthe side. I fab up most of my attacments for my skid steers , backhoe and mini excavator and small tractor. Ive recently gotten into vegetion removal and tree clean up.

I ve been doing clean up for a bigger outfit that doesnt use any ground machinery other than a chipper. I also provide them a free dumping site on my place for chips, rounds, branches and leaves. I sort them out for fire wood, the brush gets put into a dumpster I borrow from work and is used for sediment control dams. We compost the chips.

I have a bigjob on the lake now that has some 12 inch privet hedge trees about 30 feet high. Most of it is so thck 2 tree co have dropped the job as saw hands cant get in there. I hope to post some pics of that job. Its going to be alot of fun.

Take care Taylor L

Last edited:
welcome! be careful! saying free landfill on here just might get u some buds real quick!:hmm3grin2orange:

I cant believe what normal landfills charge. Here its 9 50 per yard for commercial accounts and thats wether the can is full or not. I cant charge for taking the stuff as it would cause trouble with DEQ. I got to take down 25 volunteer trees at the lake today. I deffinately figure i need a skidding grapple for the tractor. I used chokers and cables to drag these out. The good thing about these trees was I bucked them up and cut them for green fire wood. I had a man come buy and give me 150 for the cut wood. All I had to take was a few branches. Igot a call a from a larger tree co for monday evening. They dont have a crane operator and Im certified up to 150 ton rig. I have to set up my pad for the lift THe worst part of this job will be backing the truck crane 2.5 miles. Its on a lake lot on one of the bluffs with no turnarounds.

Good to see another local on here...especially out of the same town. I've found a lot of interesting reading and help on here maybe it will help you too.

Latest posts

Back