New Hi Ranger for me. Many questions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wschlemmer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently bought a 95 international truck with a 60 hi ranger bucket on it. I'm new to this so I don't know all the terminology. My first question is where do I check the hydraulic oil? What type oil hydraulic oil do I need to use in it? I do have one cylinder that drips a little that I will get fixed this winter. Here's the big question. I was up in it today and I wanted to move and the controls would do nothing. It was like i wasnt pulling the trigger. I had someone on the ground push the black button on the lower controls and it took off. After a while it seem to be fine. I just don't want to get stuck up in it. Any help would be great. Thanks

I recently bought a 95 international truck with a 60 hi ranger bucket on it. I'm new to this so I don't know all the terminology. My first question is where do I check the hydraulic oil? What type oil hydraulic oil do I need to use in it? I do have one cylinder that drips a little that I will get fixed this winter. Here's the big question. I was up in it today and I wanted to move and the controls would do nothing. It was like i wasnt pulling the trigger. I had someone on the ground push the black button on the lower controls and it took off. After a while it seem to be fine. I just don't want to get stuck up in it. Any help would be great. Thanks

I probably need to clarify some things. It is a 60 ft Hi Ranger with a 2 man bucket. I'm not sure of the model, but it would be a 1995 year I think. It's not an over center. Where would I find the model number. Any help would be great.

I am new to bucket trucks as well but I have had the controls stop working in mine like you explained. Mine is a 98 lift-all.... problem ended up being that I had accidentally engaged the tool valve which shuts off the control valve. It took me a few minutes to figure out. I don't know if it is the same on a high ranger or if you are set up for tools or not.

Latest posts

Back