New House and Shop! Haaa-Zaah! (kinda fits under CAD right?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstueve

Makita Freak!
Reaction score
Hey guys,
This might be more Off-Topic thread than anything but so many of you in this thread know me better. After saving for several years and staving off the wife on bad houses we finally have a place to call our own! I say it kinda fits under CAD because I have 12.5 acres of woods to hunt and cut in! Plus my new shop is in the arial photo near the center (24x36). I've been dreaming of a property to have my own shop for so long now it's hard to believe that Underwriting is over and we have the final go-ahead for purchase! Thanks all for fueling my addiction to chainsaws, cutting wood, and working with my hands!

House is inside the blue to the bottom left, and shop is to the center just above the first #0 in the parcel ID#.

Last edited:
Get before & after photos when you host the GTG this fall, let's see how many trees are left...

Mark

We'll have to see about that... My wood will be coming from sources other than my property. I will be making a clearing in the NW corner for a food plot. Maybe you guys could help me knock some trees down up there. Cheers nate

Last edited:
Good for you, the first one is always the hardest but there's nothing like owning your own home. The 12 acres makes it even better.

Sweeeeet...Doesn't look like you'll have to go far to hunt...First priority, Make friends with your new neighbors.:msp_biggrin:

Sweeeeet...Doesn't look like you'll have to go far to hunt...First priority, Make friends with your new neighbors.:msp_biggrin:

Yea we'll have to make friends with the neighbors soon enough. The neighbors on the north side of the drive look like a younger couple. The nice thing is all the "stuff" we'll now have close: theisens (farm store), Walmart, local lumber yard, winery, closer fishing and a shooting range, lots of food options, YMCA, and local medical practice are all within 3-7 min drive and we still have the seclusion we want.

I told the wife I had 2 priorities going in: privacy enough to pee in my back yard and a building for the shop. I got both and a decent house too.

Next year I'm hoping for a wood boiler and small skid loader to help heat the house. And to whom ever commented on the house above its a 1978 "contemporary" with vaulted ceilings everywhere. That might sound cool but actually means more $$$$ for propane this winter.

Hate to break it to you, but it won't be long until you start filling the shop up. Then needing a bigger shop and start filling that one up! People with CAD are especially susceptible!

Our place came with a 32x32 pole shed. After 10 years it grew 26 feet longer. 10 years after that, this sprouted up!View attachment 313429

That one is 36x48 with 10 ft lean to's on both sides. It's already 1/2 full :(

You need a tractor, that LT just ain't going to do it!

BTW Congratulation!!! Envy of us all is guarenteed!

You need a tractor, that LT just ain't going to do it!

BTW Congratulation!!! Envy of us all is guarenteed!

That's the prior owners... We close this next week and that LT will be gone and my grasshopper 727 will take its place.

Hate to break it to you, but it won't be long until you start filling the shop up. Then needing a bigger shop and start filling that one up! People with CAD are especially susceptible!

Our place came with a 32x32 pole shed. After 10 years it grew 26 feet longer. 10 years after that, this sprouted!

That one is 36x48 with 10 ft lean to's on both sides. It's already 1/2 full :(

Hate to break it to you but my garage and 24x36 will be pretty full already. I plan to pour the concrete pad out an extra 16x24 so I can have a parking and splitting pad. In the future the pad will get a roof... Then walls... And then a big locking garage door... But for now it will be home to my wood piles and whatever vehicle doesn't fit in the garage/shop.

Back