New husky top handle chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, not every fill up. Every 8 hrs of solid use. Believe me, that cap is on tight. I just work in the dry, dusty conditions of the high Sierras. I cut a lot of dead conifers down too which creates a dustier dust if you know what I mean.

that is your problem then. especially in them conditions..... tap them out after every single fuel up. i figured that was a known given on tophandle chainsaw use............

Looks may be decieving, but I never much cared for anything with a primer bulb. only time will tell on these. Lets see if they finaly learned from there prior mistakes. Bye the way, Im a die hard husky man, just not with the toppers. We'll see tho, wont we? In any case if it works out, I may have 4 ms200t's for sale in the future.

I am a die hard for STIHL and I feel the 200T would be hard to catch. That being said I would like to try the HUSKY top handle a try, it looks good. It is hard to beat a larger displacement engine. What is the claimed weight?

a dull handsaw will beat a 45cc 338xpt cali edition......

I tried an amigos 335 cali I belive back in 03' and was impressed, if I remember right. cant believe that was so long ago. If were all not carefull, well all be 60 soon. Still, at that time , the huskys had a lot of uni-body probs, for instance, the spark plug wire rubbin and shortin out on the body. If they didnt think this one out , itll bite em in the arse just like the last few. Untill i get 1 in my hands , nothings gonna replace my 200. Cept on those very fun 372xp topper days! gotta love it when you get to drop 40 foot sections from 40 feet up! Keep em' sharp an riper' down gents! Oh, and be safe to! that might help!

i really do like my 338 but it would be nice to have some low end torque some times. ill run it until its done then pick one of these bad boys up.

So where are they?
My dealer doesn't have mention of it in the book.
I though I saw a few posts on another forum that some people have gotten them in the USA.

I want to replace my first generation 335 that is going to be the end of my elbow ans shoulder trying to fire it up. What a high strung beast compared to it's Stihl roommate; reminds me of the BSA Victor 441 that had a reputation of throwing it's riders over the bars when they tried to kick em over.

Last edited:
I've heard very early 2012 here in Denmark, and if so probably the same in all of Europe.

I've been told January, but does anyone really want to hold their breath?

I liked the power and balance of the 335, but the dam coil issues sent me the 200's way.

Latest posts

Back