• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold New Husqvarna 390XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MillwrightChris

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
New 390xp with new 24" woodland pro bar and chain. Has been started at the husky dealer and that's the only run time it's seen. Never touched wood, not a scratch on it. $825 plus shipping. Local pick-up is always welcome.
I purchased this saw new a couple months ago after selling my J'red 2171 and the last of all my husky mount bars. My intention was to run my extra Stihl ES bars on this saw with a bailey's bar adapter. Then I realized you have to elongate the slot in the ES bars or add a drive link to make them fit. Just not worth the extra effort to me and it's just been sitting on the bench, on top of that I need another chainsaw like....well you know.

20140326_004612.jpg 20140326_004639.jpg

My intention was to run my extra Stihl ES bars on this saw with a bailey's bar adapter. Then I realized you have to elongate the slot in the ES bars or add a drive link to make them fit. Just not worth the extra effort to me...
You also have to drill out the adjuster holes in the bar. All it takes is a couple of drill bits, a drill press, a flat file, and about 15 minutes to accomplish. Homelite410 makes some nice adapters for $12 shipped.;)

You also have to drill out the adjuster holes in the bar. All it takes is a couple of drill bits, a drill press, a flat file, and about 15 minutes to accomplish.
True, I could file them...
Or die grind them...
Or put them in my Bridgeport and mill the slot longer and add holes....
Unfortunately my OCD doesn't allow me to bastardize things like that. :)

New 390xp with new 24" woodland pro bar and chain. Has been started at the husky dealer and that's the only run time it's seen. Never touched wood, not a scratch on it. $860 plus shipping. Local pick-up is always welcome.
I purchased this saw new a couple months ago after selling my J'red 2171 and the last of all my husky mount bars. My intention was to run my extra Stihl ES bars on this saw with a bailey's bar adapter. Then I realized you have to elongate the slot in the ES bars or add a drive link to make them fit. Just not worth the extra effort to me and it's just been sitting on the bench, on top of that I need another chainsaw like....well you know.

Just message Homelite410 and tell him your problem... He custom makes bar adapters on a CNC and they are sweet! He has an all in on pattern that has a slide slot for the screw that holds it and has an open loop on the entire other end. That one should fit right on but if not I'm sure he could shorten the open loop end for you pretty easily...

Latest posts

Back