New Husqvarna 550XP had to be reprogrammed.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubster

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 month old saw with maybe 5 gallons of gas just quit. Would start up after sitting over night, then just died and would not start. Dealer reprogrammed the carb ( for free) and all is well again. He said it was running very rich, but really showed no signs of that. I am just wondering if this is a common problem with these auto-tune saws and if there is a carb tuner Joe Shmo can buy to do it myself out in the field if needed. Other than that, very happy with the 550.

Mark II. I will have to check but I believe it is a 2021 . Ran on 93 octane with Husqvarna Premium since new, and most of my cutting is around 1800-2400 ft asl. Hope it was just a one time worry, but we will see. I guess turning 2 adjustment needles was just too hard.

I point people to this video by Walt ( afleetcommand @weimedog ) and Bob ( @spike60 ). It is the best explanation that there is on the web. If this field reset process does not work then a dealer with the Common Service Tool and software is needed. Husqvarna controls the availability of the CST software tightly.

Note that the cut under load must be continuous until the engine note has changed and then settled down. If you vary the throttle or load during the cut the procedure will probably not work.

I point people to this video by Walt ( afleetcommand @weimedog ) and Bob ( @spike60 ). It is the best explanation that there is on the web. If this field reset process does not work then a dealer with the Common Service Tool and software is needed. Husqvarna controls the availability of the CST software tightly.

Note that the cut under load must be continuous until the engine note has changed and then settled down. If you vary the throttle or load during the cut the procedure will probably not work.

Interesting,thanks for the info Simon.

Latest posts

Back