New husqvarna string trimmer rattles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyforlife21

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I realize I'm in the chainsaw forum but trying to get some good answers new husky 323L which is supposed to be the start of the pro series as I understand it. my husky 125 blower had a similar rattle it's life after 2 years I sold it as I felt the bearings were gone with the knocking.

New trimmer doing my typical heat cycle of 3 times let idle mostly then cool did that used 1/4 tank of gas filled with vp small engine 50:1 which always seems to run real rich in everything I noticed when ever I blip the throttle I hear a rattle I'm not sure if it's the clutch or bearings Piston slap not sure it was slightly lean on the low jet after I did all this, motor cover seems to be real hot compared to my echo I was just running any idea? Is it just dry in there from being new or do clutch springs have to brake in or something?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I would also guess clutch. If you think its more than that, take it into the dealer and have them look at it.

I realize I'm in the chainsaw forum but trying to get some good answers new husky 323L which is supposed to be the start of the pro series as I understand it. my husky 125 blower had a similar rattle it's life after 2 years I sold it as I felt the bearings were gone with the knocking.

New trimmer doing my typical heat cycle of 3 times let idle mostly then cool did that used 1/4 tank of gas filled with vp small engine 50:1 which always seems to run real rich in everything I noticed when ever I blip the throttle I hear a rattle I'm not sure if it's the clutch or bearings Piston slap not sure it was slightly lean on the low jet after I did all this, motor cover seems to be real hot compared to my echo I was just running any idea? Is it just dry in there from being new or do clutch springs have to brake in or something?

So, you're letting it idle through a quarter tank of fuel? With a new 2-stroke? Where did you get that idea?

Oh so thats what that means. You dont need to do that. Did they tune it for you when you bought it? If they did it right, they lowered the highend RPMS a bit and told you to bring it back it after 10 tanks or so.

Oh so thats what that means. You dont need to do that. Did they tune it for you when you bought it? If they did it right, they lowered the highend RPMS a bit and told you to bring it back it after 10 tanks or so.
I richened it up myself a little mostly on the low jet had a little bog but I bought it at lowes not a dealer

Ah, yeah good old lowes. I used to have to fix a lot of their F* ups. They just sell, dont know anything about tuning or running them.

You are suppose to detune the high end to allow the rings to seat over a few tanks.

Ah, yeah good old lowes. I used to have to fix a lot of their F* ups. They just sell, dont know anything about tuning or running them.

You are suppose to detune the high end to allow the rings to seat over a few tanks.
Does that apply if I'm only running it half throttle or less? I used to always run things pretty rich lately I've been trying to stay more performance edged though

No it won't apply. You should run your trimmer at full rpm though. Helps keep from loading them up and causing issues with unburned fuel.

I had a landscaping company keep bringing in trimmers in with carboned up spark arrestors. I called husqvarna and they told me to have them run at full throttle. They did that and never had issues again.

I have a 335rx trimmer and I gutted the CAT muffler so it would run cooler. Makes a big difference and runs much better now.

Don't know that model, but on the smaller straight shaft like on the curved shaft models many companies use, don't know what it is called in english, flexible springs instead of true steel drive train. They also sometimes make a slapping noise.

Back