new installation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good.

What is on the wall for heat retardment there?IMOE....me think i would have brought that tile floor out a bit,sparkies can git out really fast and you will have a piece of carpet that looks like mine.I ended up putting one of those store bought ,under the stove panels in front of it a little late.Tileing the whole dang room this year.......dark tile and grout fer sure.Keep warm and safe!:popcorn:

Now all we need down here in WNC is more snow! Then we can watch Matt Mittan get mad cause they let school out. lol

stove boards

http://www.acehardware.com/sm-imperial-stove-board-bm0177rc--pi-1437945.html

the link takes you to ace, where i bought our stove boards. they only come in one color (woodgrain), and as you can probably tell from the photo, that wouldn't look so nice in our living room. so i painted them with krylon rust proof spray paint - not so much for the rust inhibiting properties, but more for the fact that the paint lists one of the applications on the label as "for mufflers" and i figure they don't get any hotter than my wall. so far so good.

as for the tile, i bought that particular hearth pad from hargrove, and that was the biggest they had. i was doing the whole installation myself, so i wanted to get some of the work done as easily as possible, and buying it from the store was easier than learning to lay tile and tile the wall etc. i wanted it to be more than 18" from the front of the stove, and all i got was 19" after i took the stove away from the wall and put a bend in the pipe, double wall, so many details if you are interested i will provide.

What is on the wall for heat retardment there?IMOE....me think i would have brought that tile floor out a bit,sparkies can git out really fast and you will have a piece of carpet that looks like mine.I ended up putting one of those store bought ,under the stove panels in front of it a little late.Tileing the whole dang room this year.......dark tile and grout fer sure.Keep warm and safe!:popcorn:

When we put tile down for a stove the flooring store recomended a lighter color grout, ash color. He said the ash will get in a dark grout and make it lighter around the stove.

Might want to invest in a mat or some kind of rug/carpet for the wood holder. The bits of bark and dirt will get everywhere around and that would look bad on that good looking carpet. Sweet stove.

We use a square desk mat for our wood mess control. Nice looking install but agree you need something for the wood mess and at least a fire resistant rug or something in front of your tile so you don't singe up the carpet.

Thanks

for the input. I will take all the advice with the mat(s) for the carpet and the wood. I've burned fires most every day last week. Great draft, great heat, great price.

Latest posts

Back