new installation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good.

What is on the wall for heat retardment there?IMOE....me think i would have brought that tile floor out a bit,sparkies can git out really fast and you will have a piece of carpet that looks like mine.I ended up putting one of those store bought ,under the stove panels in front of it a little late.Tileing the whole dang room this year.......dark tile and grout fer sure.Keep warm and safe!:popcorn:

Now all we need down here in WNC is more snow! Then we can watch Matt Mittan get mad cause they let school out. lol

stove boards

http://www.acehardware.com/sm-imperial-stove-board-bm0177rc--pi-1437945.html

the link takes you to ace, where i bought our stove boards. they only come in one color (woodgrain), and as you can probably tell from the photo, that wouldn't look so nice in our living room. so i painted them with krylon rust proof spray paint - not so much for the rust inhibiting properties, but more for the fact that the paint lists one of the applications on the label as "for mufflers" and i figure they don't get any hotter than my wall. so far so good.

as for the tile, i bought that particular hearth pad from hargrove, and that was the biggest they had. i was doing the whole installation myself, so i wanted to get some of the work done as easily as possible, and buying it from the store was easier than learning to lay tile and tile the wall etc. i wanted it to be more than 18" from the front of the stove, and all i got was 19" after i took the stove away from the wall and put a bend in the pipe, double wall, so many details if you are interested i will provide.

What is on the wall for heat retardment there?IMOE....me think i would have brought that tile floor out a bit,sparkies can git out really fast and you will have a piece of carpet that looks like mine.I ended up putting one of those store bought ,under the stove panels in front of it a little late.Tileing the whole dang room this year.......dark tile and grout fer sure.Keep warm and safe!:popcorn:

When we put tile down for a stove the flooring store recomended a lighter color grout, ash color. He said the ash will get in a dark grout and make it lighter around the stove.

Might want to invest in a mat or some kind of rug/carpet for the wood holder. The bits of bark and dirt will get everywhere around and that would look bad on that good looking carpet. Sweet stove.

We use a square desk mat for our wood mess control. Nice looking install but agree you need something for the wood mess and at least a fire resistant rug or something in front of your tile so you don't singe up the carpet.

Thanks

for the input. I will take all the advice with the mat(s) for the carpet and the wood. I've burned fires most every day last week. Great draft, great heat, great price.

Back