New-just sayin' "hi"..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splitterz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
First off, what a great/informative site on chainsaws! I really enjoy being in the woods either making firewood, or getting logs ready for the sawmill at my inlaws farm. I've had a couple of Stihl saws, and my current one is an 066 mag. (non redlight) with the basic muffler mod, and the "correct" dual port magnum muffler. I'm also running a 20" sprocket nose bar. I bought this saw used from a great place that used to be in Alma, WI in about '97, and have not had a single issue with the saw. I also like to split wood for the boiler. Such a great workout and sense of accomplishment at the same time. For splitting, I'm using a Fiskars axe their biggest one - don't remember the model. Super efficient head for splitting all types of wood, but the handle is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too short - just got to be careful, that's all. It would be great to find a place down here to help someone make some wood. I will say, what a night and day difference when I did the muffler mod. Everyone here knows this, but it's amazing - frozen white oak is now butter...:cheers:

Ha, thanks for the welcome guys! I follow the comment about the waders:laugh: That's good though. Looking forward to meeting some WI people also.

Splitterz said:
Ha, thanks for the welcome guys! I follow the comment about the waders:laugh: That's good though. Looking forward to meeting some WI people also.
I forgot to mention they need to be full length not hip style:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

BIBS or better LOL!!! Welcome to AS, if you have an addiction, it's about to get worse, if you don't, well..... you will now!!!
Andy

Hey there Splitterz!

Have a seat, pop a top and enjoy.:clap:

Nice place, good company, just watch out for the anklebiters! Only a few of em, thell show up soon enough.:Eye: :Eye:

Warning !!!!!

I came here to learn how to redo a top end on my 3750 awhile back. Look what this darn site has caused. Got hooked on woods ported chainsaw racing. Run, run now or you will own saws that wait inline to be used too. :hmm3grin2orange: WELCOME.

I think I may be the only one to own "1" saw on this site! I can't believe how many saws you guys have. My trusty 066 Mag has never complained about not having a mate in the garage...But, maybe a nice modded 460 would be just the right companion! Time will tell, but I sure love this 066!! Thanks for the warm welcome. :chainsaw: :popcorn:

Splitterz said:
I think I may be the only one to own "1" saw on this site! I can't believe how many saws you guys have. My trusty 066 Mag has never complained about not having a mate in the garage...But, maybe a nice modded 460 would be just the right companion! Time will tell, but I sure love this 066!! Thanks for the warm welcome. :chainsaw: :popcorn:

you will catch up soon enough. It's an addiction.:dizzy:

Wecome aboard.
There IS a treemendous amount of info on this site (sorry couldn't resist)

anyways, welcome, and let the chips fly!

Being from WI- WOOD not the other chips!

:rockn:

Howdy Splitterz!

I agree with you. Some guys have an entourage of saws. Or is that menagerie? Or how about a mess? Sounds like man-law right there, more than 4 saws is a MESS of saws.

Check around, somebody always has a tree they want "taken care of" problem is, the tree is usually next to house, in between a garage and did I forget to mention the HI TENSION LINES (that's electric speak from my dad which translates to 2,400 volts or as some of us say "dead before you know it")

However, if you are nosy, excuse me, curious enough to drive a little out of your way and "pretend" to ask for directions at some farmhouse and along the way mention you have been "known" to cut a tree or two, sometimes people get to thinking. Don't forget to leave your ph # as those farm folks like to think awhile before deciding on anything.

Repeat process 4 - 5 times, but make sure you go to different townships, don't seem to be in too big a hurry, and preferably drive a truck that's at least 10 years old.

You'd be amazed how many farmers just don't want to deal with cleaning up fence lines, as they have better things to do. Come to think of it, work cleaning up fence lines into the bit. You might get some nice ash, maple, or even oak beyond your wildest dreams because you cleaned up some fence line.

good luck.

Splitterz said:
Welcome to the AS. I'm sure there will be one coming your way in the near future if you keep hanging out with the rest of us addicts!
Mark

Back