New-just sayin' "hi"..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
health insurance plan?

Make sure it's paid up!Your 066 is bound to give birth soon!Hopefully it wil be twins or better!Welome!
Ed

314epw said:
Make sure it's paid up!Your 066 is bound to give birth soon!Hopefully it wil be twins or better!Welome!
Ed

Funny stuff!! :cheers: Or maybe an 088 Mag... Just kiddin' This 066 mag is probably all I'll ever need in a large saw, but then again... There's no replacement for displacement!! Can't imagine what a modded 088 would run like. :monkey:

Welcome to the family splitterz. Sounds like you are already considering increasing you saw count. Doesn't take long does it?

Common justifications:

But all the guys have more than one saw.

You need to have an extra saw in case you get stuck.

you need to have an extra saw in case you break.

you need an extra saw in case a friend comes along.

You need different size saws for different size jobs.

It isn't safe to go into the woods with just one saw.

The tires on the truck wear unevenly if there is only one saw in the bed.

If I get another saw, the one I have will last longer.

Get the idea?

spike60 said:
Welcome to the family splitterz. Sounds like you are already considering increasing you saw count. Doesn't take long does it?

Common justifications:

But all the guys have more than one saw.

You need to have an extra saw in case you get stuck.

you need to have an extra saw in case you break.

you need an extra saw in case a friend comes along.

You need different size saws for different size jobs.

It isn't safe to go into the woods with just one saw.

The tires on the truck wear unevenly if there is only one saw in the bed.

If I get another saw, the one I have will last longer.

Get the idea?

and...

... look how much money WE will save by not hiring the tree service!

As a newbie, you will inevitably get your saw blade pinched in a larger and heavier limb than you expect while "cleaning up".

Without a second saw, how are you gonna free up that bad boy?

Even the owners manual says "do not attempt to free a saw pinched while cutting"

You don't want to bend the blade, or stretch the chain! :chainsaw:

I'm just sayin... spoken like a true addict!

:cheers:

You guys crack me up.. You know, come to think of it, there was a time that I had a second saw -of my own-...hmmm. Oh yeah, then my alarm went off. But it was a modded 088 Mag in the dream and I was limbing a birch tree! :laugh: :laugh: Talk about the right tool for the job.. j/k

Anyone use an 088 Mag for a do it all saw here? no competition, just a woods saw. I would imagine that it would take it's toll on the user after a while, but I bet it's really smooooooooth.

As a newbie, you will inevitably get your saw blade pinched in a larger and heavier limb than you expect while "cleaning up".

Just watch the wood!!!!!!!!!!!
cut slow and "watch" the wood

(lotta guys just cut)

Ive learned more watching where the bar goes in the wood than any other safety feature.IMO(flame on)

I still bind now and again.

If you are "watching yer cut" and see the "gap" closing,Yer Gonna pinch if you keep cutting.

I will sometimes "notch" on the pressure and then back cut my "pie".This has saved me in many a pinch on down limbs,logs,sticks(stick = my slang for spar,trunk,the last part after you remove leads and foilage)

Latest posts

Back