New Logs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Harden

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just got these Cherry, Walnut and Cedars. I t will be Milling time when the ground dryes some.:)

attachment.php

Last edited:
Nice looking logs Andy. Looks like you have enough to last a while. Please include some pictures of the milling.

THat is ONE sweet pile of lumber-to-be, what will be the milling tools for the project? Front row seat with the pics please, if you can.

Yes, nice bunch of logs.
Is the trailer stuck, looks like it is very low to the ground, and
have been spinning the tires on the truck ;)

Yep, The truck is stuck. The bed on the trailer is about 2/12 feet off the ground. It is a flat bed with three house trailer axles. I have hauled three more loads of Cherry and Walnut since I posted the pic. I have a dead line to remove as much as I can by midnight the 31st. I'll show the pics when done.

My mouth is watering... cherry, walnut, cedars... so many trees, so little time. Good score. Too bad you got stuck... at 50 lbs a cubic foot those logs weight that trailer down pretty well don't they. When I worked as a logger in So Maryland where much of the land is just umpteen feet thick mud/clay with no bottom, we often got skidders and log trucks stuck. Hit a soft spot, they start sinking and there's little you can do but get out the winch, or another skidder. They would sink down to the belly pan and wallow like a stuck pig.

Back