New Member, First Post.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm a new member and this is my first post. I've recently gotten into chainsaws not only as a good clean hobby, but as a way to assist in heating my home. Our home is older and fueled by oil. No need to go any further, you've seen fuel prices the past few years. I've put the wood stove to good use recently, and anticipate I will into the future. So, I've been acquiring saws from eBay, Craigslist, and locally as well. I was introduced to this site by "MadSaw", who has turned out to be a tremendous source if information. I got my first big saw from MadSaw, a Homelite 550. I'd been exposed to XL-12's and Super XL-12's, but nothing like this. The saw screams! I rebuilt the carb, new carb boot, plug, lines, and so on. What a beast.

So, I think I'm a Homelite guy, even though I have a newer Stihl MS 310, a McCulloch 250, smaller McCulloch's, my fathers original and loud blue and white XL-12, many red/roange/blue XL-12's, and SXLAO's including Old Blues and Big Reds. Throw in a Poulan or two, including a bow bar, and there it is.

My wife and I are raising our two daughters, ages 10 and 6, to be self reliant and familiar with how things work. My oldest works with me the most when I'm working on saws, but so does my youngest, to an extent. She's more of a princess like her mom, you know what I mean. I'm raising them up to shoot, cook, work on vehicles and machinery, and to value America and the freedoms we enjoy.

I look forward to participating and learning a whole lot. I look forward to communicating and sharing with you all. Take care and have a safe week. Best, Max.

Welcome Max,
I hope you enjoy the saw and this site.
Thank you for the kind word also.
Later
Bob

FT,
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you didn't vote for change back in November. FYI, we home-schooled all our children...always with a healthy dose of the Preamble, Constitution and the Federalist Papers.

FT,
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you didn't vote for change back in November. FYI, we home-schooled all our children...always with a healthy dose of the Preamble, Constitution and the Federalist Papers.

I second litefoot!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back