New Member, q's on he 056av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody Chvaers

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Newb on here and I've been around saws all my life. Dad and I used to do firewood sales and grandfather was a 3rd generation logger. Anyways, we sold our saws some time ago but since some acquirement of some property with some big pines needed to be cleared decided to get me another saw. Picked up this 056av from an older gentleman for 375 and he threw in a 32" bar and chain with it. The saw came with a 25" on it. Felt pretty good and the saw is in really good condition. Just like my dad's old one that I grew up around.
stihl_zps1af2b1cc.jpg

I know the Bosch ignition systems are a known flaw in these, so I'm asking for some insight or a link to a write up that will help me out. Also any type of modifications and what not for this saw. Not looking to go too crazy...basically letting it breathe and exhale better. I believe it has a dual port muffler on it but I haven't had a chance to take it off and check. Maybe down the road big bore porting and such (how my dad's was) but for now it's not needing it for the tree's im looking to take out on this plot.

Any advice or guides would be awesome! Thanks!!

I'm not sure, it say's AV on the top plate, but that doesn't always mean everything. Is there a way to tell from the serial number?

Latest posts

Back