New member with Pioneer Primer Info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdbman

Reaction score
Hey all I'm a new member and have been getting some good info on here the last few months. This is my first post so here goes. I've recently bought a Pioneer 1120 saw that needed a new rear handle/carb box so while I had it apart I took the primer assembly apart the rubber was toast and after reading some I found they're impossible to find. So I started looking around and found a part that is easy to find and reasonably priced to replace it. What you need to do is go to your friendly John Deere dealer and ask them for one of a part number B3285R tachometer cable seal. These were used on the row crop tractors built from the mid fifties to the mid eighties and are made of an oil resistant rubber. They are a little smaller than the original part but the two pieces of the primer housing will still hold it in place and the primer works as it should. I don't know about how long they will last with the fuel but figured if they worked with oil they should work with fuel to. So give it a try it works good for me so far.

Thanks for looking Mark hope this can help someone else out with their primer issues on these saws. I got the oiler working tonight the line was rotted off in the tank. So I'm going to run this thing and see how the tech seals hold up.
Matthew

For my pioneer 1100 build I have 2 parts saws first one had the primer the second had the choke I’m going to use the choke carb and rod. But I will take note of this for later on down the road.

Im pretty sure you can use the choke and rod from a Homelite Xl12 but I have no Homies or I would have tried it.
Kash
I’m still trying to figure out what fits from an xl 12 to the 1100/1200 saws really hoping the cylinders fit they look identical from the pioneer to the super xl12

I wondered about that for years but never had an xl 12 to compare but I do have a 1100 Pioneer Holiday which looks like an xl 12.Thanks for bringing that up I just realized that I have an Xl 12 gas Skill saw so when I remember I will bring my holiday in from the lake and compare.
Kash

I wondered about that for years but never had an xl 12 to compare but I do have a 1100 Pioneer Holiday which looks like an xl 12.Thanks for bringing that up I just realized that I have an Xl 12 gas Skill saw so when I remember I will bring my holiday in from the lake and compare.
Kash
Looks like I’m going to need a new cylinder for my 1100 turd saw build. The one I figured would be good had pitting through the plating I still haven’t taken the second parts saw apart.

Hey Kash thought only the correct police hung around tractor and engine shows pointing out flaws in your restorations. Sometimes when your working with older stuff you have to be creative with the parts situation I have an older push mower I had to modify a snow thrower piston to make it run again.
Matthew

Hey Kash thought only the correct police hung around tractor and engine shows pointing out flaws in your restorations. Sometimes when your working with older stuff you have to be creative with the parts situation I have an older push mower I had to modify a snow thrower piston to make it run again.
Matthew
Heck just about every ford N series tractor around here has parts from at least 2 different n series tractor seen an 8n last year with 2n wheels. Don’t matter to me as long as it does the job their tools not show pieces.

Latest posts

Back