New mill in place and almost ready to saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodsrover

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Great looking lot of property. Great looking, happy family. You are a blessed man :) The mill is nice, too.

Thanks! Yes, we're blessed for sure. We have 11 acres that supplies us with enough firewood to heat the house and enough venison to feed the family. It's a pretty spot. We own 900 feet on the Housatonic River including a little island that has some HUGE first-growth hemlock, white pine and tulip. Too bad I couldn't get out there to get it.

The young'n is Nathan who helped me put the mill together. Well, he stuck bolt or two in a hole here and there, but he thinks it's his mill now. The tractor is surely his and half the hours on it are from taking him for tractor rides. That's a buddy of mine in the first picture with his son that's almost the same age. Two terrors for sure.

great setup love the land and tractor too....my 6 yr old loves helping me mill and playing in the saw dust after haha..it's a good skill for them to learn.congrats on the mill and hope you enjoy

And here i thought your avatar was a pict. of you??? lol

Great picts., thanks for posting.

Rob

It looks like it's going to go great !

Fine looking family. Count your blessings and don't be stingy with the big daddy hugs. Post us a pic of some lumber.

Old Blue
Where the beaurotards have convinced themselves you can spend your way out of debt, in..
Kali-bone-ya

Set the carriage on the new mill last night. I put it together off the log deck to be closer to my tools. Just have to level everything to the log deck and we'll be ready to go. Should have a fun day tomorrow! I've got a pile of white pine saw logs ready to go. Wish me luck.
229187d1331901912-mill1-jpg

Safety hazard, the guy with the cap should get out of the seat and let the smarter, younger guy drive :)

229188d1331901967-mill2-jpg

Alcohol and ethanol is bad for saws and small engines, make sure it is consumed away from the fuel tank.

229189d1331901983-mill3-jpg

Now let's see one of them pushing the saw thru a tree!

229190d1331901993-mill4-jpg

This one says "You are going to be making SOOO MANY CABINETS!!"

229191d1331902004-mill5-jpg

Nice grapple

/edit - to make your pics how up I had to open them in a new frame, copy the URL and the wrap it with left bracket img][/img]

Last edited:
Yes post pics of it running, Im looking at that mill myself. Beautiful property too!

grapple

My buddy had a grapple like that when he first started milling.Used it for moving and setting logs on the mill.He looked at a Klaw grapple a couple years ago and got one of those.He can pick up one log and set on the mill a little easier without the chance of dropping it.The way the finger is designed,you can use it as a log grapple or a carrier

Well, just in from sawing. Cut 620bf today. Not bad for a newbee. The first few were a little wavy until I got the blade tension correct. From there it was pretty simple. I'll upload some photos when I get a chance.

Back