new model vermeer 352 stumper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROLLACOSTA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
has anyone tried the new vermeer 352 stump grinder out yet ..i am curious as to how it performs compared to the old 252

I did not know it was out yet. I heard vermeer was putting out a bigger model but only saw pictures. Picture I saw had same 3 wheel setup as 252. My old Rayco 1620 had that setup and now have the 1625a with 4 wheels and its much better. Demo a rayco if available before buying I did and found it better than carlton or vermeer. Carlton make a ok machine but to heavy in my opinion. Rayco supposed to come out with a 1631 but not production yet. Might be another choice.

I saw a 352 being pulled on a trailer about a month ago. There was also a 252 in the bed of the truck which was pulling the trailer. Without getting a good look at the two of them side by side , I could tell that the 352 was definately larger than the 252. The cutter wheel area looked much larger than a 252, and the engine area looked to be a bit larger as well.

ive seen the new 352 at my local vermeer dealer its a lot bigger and has 4 instead of 3 wheels..i started her up and it sounds powerfull ..but i wanted to know if anyone out there had one and realy put it to the test on a stump

I saw one at the ISA convention in Montreal. Looks like it would outwork the 252 in a heartbeat. The downside is that it costs close to $20k with the diesel motor. Rayco has a 1631 coming out, same as the 1625, but with a 31 horse vangaurd motor, costs an extra $3,000 though.

Carltons 2500-4 w/diesel

Carlton has a 2500-4 with a 29 hp diesel that you can buy fpr around $15,000 with duals.

Originally posted by protreecare
I saw one at the ISA convention in Montreal. Looks like it would outwork the 252 in a heartbeat. The downside is that it costs close to $20k with the diesel motor. Rayco has a 1631 coming out, same as the 1625, but with a 31 horse vangaurd motor, costs an extra $3,000 though.

352 costs $25OOO overhere...thats a lot of stumps :angry:

Re: Carltons 2500-4 w/diesel

Originally posted by BruceL
Carlton has a 2500-4 with a 29 hp diesel that you can buy fpr around $15,000 with duals. [/QUOT

i think the 352 is a better machine as it is overall bigger than the carlton ..bigger engine 35 hp ..biggger wheel, more teeth,more money though:(

I demo the vermeer 352. It grinds the stumps faster then the 252 and travels a little faster across the lawn. If I would have the money for it I would have one. I am Mahlon Kurtz........... And I approve this message

Latest posts

Back