New MS462 C-M...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flippy cap spilled on muh back once ,460 over the shoulder ,by the time i hiked a few hundred feet into the woods ,felt it soak through the sweatshirt ,just filled the oil and fuel ,every bit of oil was soaked into my back and rh leg ,what sucked worse was that saw was the one i grabbed to cut myself out after a tree set back on my bar ,and did not think i would need any fuel or oil to finish so it was back at the truck ,so hike # 3 for me ,i check the caps more closely after that time now ,i still prefer them to screw ins .

goodpost.gif

The newer flippy caps are ok but when they first came out they sucked. The ones on my 200T leaked even if they were on right.

Try switching it with the gas one see if bad cap ,sometimes when they make them they do not fit good ,and another one will cure the fit problem .

And its on its 2nd cap anyway , I done bought me one of the newer ones with the black ID lines..same same its still a pain in the ass sometimes

Well, I sure hope this puppy comes out soon. Spent the better part of last week getting the 661 broken in right. Dropped some 100'+ Pondos, cut rounds and noodled the rounds to get 'em loaded in the truck. The 661 is certainly an impressive saw. Makes my 362 feel like a featherweight. Learned a few things, as this is my first "big saw", or saw of this size. The 32" bar really prefers the RSF vs the RS. My 362 really is a great saw and cuts so nicely. I really NEED an intermediate saw that fills the gap between the two, and the 462 will fit the bill perfectly!

Well, I sure hope this puppy comes out soon. Spent the better part of last week getting the 661 broken in right. Dropped some 100'+ Pondos, cut rounds and noodled the rounds to get 'em loaded in the truck. The 661 is certainly an impressive saw. Makes my 362 feel like a featherweight. Learned a few things, as this is my first "big saw", or saw of this size. The 32" bar really prefers the RSF vs the RS. My 362 really is a great saw and cuts so nicely. I really NEED an intermediate saw that fills the gap between the two, and the 462 will fit the bill perfectly!

Or a 441/461... You can get it now, when you really need it, and have a proven machine...

But really, if you have a 362 and a 661 you don't NEED a 441/461. You NEED to learn how to properly use your gear. And I think then you won't NEED anything else. I don't know you as a sawyer, but that's an issue most guys here have. They spend most of their time on here talking about how great what they have is and what they think they need when in honest reality they only need one 50-70cc chainsaw with an 18-25" bar.

Trust me. Wildland fallers do just about every piece of saw work we do with one chainsaw. And it's usually 70 or 90cc with bars between 28-36". And I'm in the double digits of years doing it.

I'm sure I could do everything just fine with my ported 362 and my ported 046, and I really like both of them. But if I have to take just one saw deep into the woods, it will be any 044. Also, while I find the long bars useful sometimes, if I were limited to one bar it would be a 20". Not much you can't cut with it, and not as awkward for limbing as the longer bars.

I think I'll keep my stable at 4 saws. Being just a part timer, I don't think I want to maintain more than that, and it gives me backup for any one that goes down for any reason (including just a rocked chain).

Latest posts

Back