New old cookstove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junkfxr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My dad has been looking for a wood stove for my sister for a while now. He called the other day and says that he found a couple at a fellows house that he used to work with and we could have them and one of them is a cookstove. WOW. I've been wanting a functional cookstove for a long time but didn't want to pay the outragous prices that they are going for. I have one of my great grandmother's cookstoves but it needs some major work and I can't find any of the cast iron parts that it needs. So I meet him this morning and we go dig these stoves out from under a pile of stuff in a barn. The heating stove ain't much, really thin metal, warped pretty good and the homemade grates are all but gone, but the cookstove is almost perfect, and just like the one that my granny used to have that fed me for many years. We got it home and got it off of the trailer onto the patio under the back deck. Thought I'd clean it up a little and build a fire in it to run out any critters before cleaning it up real good and moving it inside. I got a 3 gallon bucket almost full of ashes out from around the oven. Need to knock some of the surface rust off of the top and put some stove polish on it then set it beside the wood furnace and get it hooked up. It's got 7" pipe on it, odd.
P9020332.jpg

Very nice! The wife and I have been looking for one for a summer kitchen but like you said...... too much $$$$$$. Looks like you will get many years ot of that stove.

Back