New OWB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadthestove

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Sorry for the preschool drawing but hopefully you will better understand my idea.As I mentioned in an earlier post I'm in the process of building another OWB.
My plan is to try a downdraft design with the pipe on the outside of water jacket.The latter should lower creosote buildup.I am going to use a forced air design coming thru bottom of stove.

I'm using a round top to allow for expansion.
What i have in mind is to use a forced draft up to a setup point(165) for a quicker recovery time .then use a natural draft to maintain a higher temp around 175-180 degrees.
My thoughts are ,,,lower wood consumption,and less smoke

A normal OWB is basically a barrel inside a barrel,with the upper half of the inside barrel heating the water.I intended to put my "fire" under the water instead of inside.

Any thoughts on this ??

Looks as though you would be loosing radiant heat from the bottom and sides. The advantage of having the fire "inside" the water is that the radiant heat is put to work from each side.

I suspect that this design would have very high wood consumption compared to the alternative designs.

Latest posts

Back