New Saw Advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Careful, you are beginning to show the first signs of CAD. Very slippery slope. It starts benignly at first but quickly engulfs you and it mutates into other areas such as processing and transporting. Fair warning given! Any way enjoy your new acquisition.
PS: boys and toys- bigger is always better

CAD? i did just pick up a top handle Poulan for $25, said it ran but could not get it to start. may have spend some time on it.

I still love running the 440.....super fun

A stihl 362 would be a fantastic saw. It's a pro saw so on the upper, I paid just over 7 for mine, but it's a pro saw so you have a little extra dependability and if you go with the m-tronic you can saw all day and no need to adjust the carb... Ever. Bottom line I love mine. As for the echo I'm not real familiar with their new stuff I have a couple old echos, one being a 750 so a little larger than the 60cc you're looking for that still runs great, but hands down my vote goes to the stihl!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, the 362 is a great saw.

This isn't meant to bias anyone either way but it's interesting that here in Australia the vast majority of second hand saws I'm seeing for sale are Stihl, all ages from 08s from the year dot through 051s etc to modern stuff. There really are so few second hand saws of any other make

I agree. Keeping your saw in top shape will extend it life a lot.
you must pull the bar off and clean the bar grove the chain and the oil hole in the bar.
Using an air compressor to blow everything off and blow through the cooling fans to remove saw dust.
Keeping a sharp chain at all times helps.
A dull chain gets hot and the chain looses its temper and wont hold an edge and it makes the chain stretch.
I hit my saw teeth with a file every tank of gas, Its easier to sharpen chain that is not to dull.
If you wait till it really dull, it takes more work filling it back to a sharp edge .

Back