New saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are universally accepted as being horribly designed, and totally unreliable. I'm pretty sure Bob AKA spike60 knows more than 99.9% of the Husqvarna dealers in existence.
That's fine that Bob and you do not like them, your universe must be small, I know many are in use and run well. Have repaired several and most repairs are because of damage from being dropped, bounced off trees hanging by lanyard, couple straight gassed. Do they take a little patience to work on, yes. Hook up throttle cable before installing carb, replacement of brake handle is easy by case window. My question is why do larger saws not use that bearing design?

saw to get new I would say if your on a tight budget echo if money aint a option stihl hsqvarna or jred good luck getting a new saw. there are plenty of nice used saws out there also don't forget just no what your buying cheap big bore kits on a saw from china I would stay far away from or replace with a quality part. good luckin finding the right saw lots of nice options out there:drinkingcoffee:
leaning towards the echo or jred I can get them both in the 350 range

jred jtree I think you would be happy with you might spend little more money that a equal saw as echo but were talking sweedens finest sweeden knows how to build a saw I aint sure what the statis is exactly someone on this sight would no but jred was designed and made by Husqvarna not sure if that is the case anymore I did read that jred is not selling saws anymore if that is the case that is bad news.

Husqvarna sweedens finest makes a great saw also did you no that poulan is made by Husqvarna its just a cheap version poulan a long time ago made some asome saws I aint very fawn of what the sell today I prefer higher end saws built to last decades. if taken care of clean the filter use good fuel and mix the fuel accordingly to manufactor recommendations or mix rich. plugs are cheap cylinders and pistons can be costly and straight gas will kill a saw.

If you don't use a saw for a long period of time I recommend stating saw shutting it of draining the gas, restarting the say to run dry you will never have diaphragm problems most likely but from what I understand they make fuel stabilizes you can use to keep the gas in the saw.

I guess im just cheap I like to get the fuel out of a saw if I don't use it for a month or two.

good luck in your saw purchase jtree don't forget theres lots of nice used saws out there also just no and understand what your buying. good luck finding the right saw for you.

jred jtree I think you would be happy with you might spend little more money that a equal saw as echo but were talking sweedens finest sweeden knows how to build a saw I aint sure what the statis is exactly someone on this sight would no but jred was designed and made by Husqvarna not sure if that is the case anymore I did read that jred is not selling saws anymore if that is the case that is bad news.

Husqvarna sweedens finest makes a great saw also did you no that poulan is made by Husqvarna its just a cheap version poulan a long time ago made some asome saws I aint very fawn of what the sell today I prefer higher end saws built to last decades. if taken care of clean the filter use good fuel and mix the fuel accordingly to manufactor recommendations or mix rich. plugs are cheap cylinders and pistons can be costly and straight gas will kill a saw.

If you don't use a saw for a long period of time I recommend stating saw shutting it of draining the gas, restarting the say to run dry you will never have diaphragm problems most likely but from what I understand they make fuel stabilizes you can use to keep the gas in the saw.

I guess im just cheap I like to get the fuel out of a saw if I don't use it for a month or two.

good luck in your saw purchase jtree don't forget theres lots of nice used saws out there also just no and understand what your buying. good luck finding the right saw for you.
Thanks for the info and yes jred is discontinuing alot of there saws. In fact they only have like 4 left they are running I have found an 2139t but with them going on down, I dont think I want to buy it, service and parts wise. I run saws daily,I have all sthil except climbing saw, I just dont like the price tag they put on there climbing saws,

good morning jtree unfortuntly if you want a product to last decades if you take care of it you got tto dish out the coin if you want a new one. the stihl 200t is a great saw and saw enthusits arborists seem to love them I think stihl makes a great product and yes they are expensive. but in the saw game you want quality or just a saw to get you threw? From what I understand echo makes a arborist saw that is very light and a handy helper for around 300 dollars I belive saw is tiny a lot of people from reviews and reading enjoy the little echo. sorry I don't no the model name but if your on a budget or trying to save money I think one those arborist saws from echo are about half the price as a 200t or a 201t I might have the numbers mesed upsome with stihl I think the 200t is a older saw?

rember a sharp saw is a safe saw if used with respect be carefull and best luck with finding the saw your looking for.

Back