New Stihl 070

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eriksberg said:
I just bought a brand new 070, German made, and thought I might post some pictures..

cheers
/klas

Wow, thats a awesome looking saw there.......

PEST said:
HAAAAAAAAaaahahaaaaaaaaaaahahaaaaaaaaaaahahaaaaaaaaaa

I don't think so mate

http://onecoast.en.alibaba.com/product/0/51288263/WoodBoss/showimg.html

I have a couple of real 070s around here and they don't look like that one

I believe you are on thin ice here PEST - Stihl actually make an unknown number of the 070 each year, at the factory in Germany, and they are on the web-site, at least in Mexico.

This one is probably authentic.

The Chinese rip-offs should be pretty easy to identify.......

Last edited:
bump_r said:
Didn't even rate a "cool beans"? Sad, sad day.

Awesome is the highest rating there is ole boy. Cool beans just means I agree with ya or its alright. Awesome means he took my breath away, that's a awesome looking saw. You agree I'm sure, cool beans,lol.........

Yeah Awesome Machine Eriksberg

SawTroll said:
Btw, welcome Eriksberg! :biggrinbounce2:

..allways cool with more Scandinavians here! :rockn:

Ditto on the welcome To AS The saw Troll said it perfectly.......

That is one beautiful peice of wood rippin EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

Hokay

Just one question for folks

see that beautiful gold color on that screen cover on the muffler?

what makes that color and what is it used for?

PEST said:
Just one question for folks

see that beautiful gold color on that screen cover on the muffler?

what makes that color and what is it used for?

Cadmium plating, also called cad plating. Used to be very common, but the EPA is phasing it out. Often seen on nuts & bolts and stamped sheetmetal parts.

Andy

aquan8tor said:
good question. The unused dogs on my ms361 (ripsaw) are that color from the factory. Is the color an anti-corrosive coating? Definitely not the color of raw steel.

Yes it's an anti-corrosive coating, don't remember the name of it but it is used very often over here.

Sure looks to me like Zinc chromate. A rather inexpensive coating that does not do too well on a muffler particularly in this application.

I am not calling anyone a liar I am highly suspicious by nature If someone produces for me actual photos documenting these 070s being manufacured from even most parts made in Germany I will gladly offer a full apology.

There is an easy way to solve this one. Post the serial No. and ask Andy Lakeside to look it up.

I for one am a believer and think that that will settle it totally.

Dan

Latest posts

Back