New Stihl 070

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the correction i could not make out the 0

Is this same ser# stamped on the metal of the saw somewhere? It should be next to the muffler on the case casting by the chain

As far as I know, Stihl has a dedicated production line in their German factory for those old models, I wouldn't be surprised if they put out a few 090s also, even though they don't advertise it......;)

...NIB ones seem to still pop up every now and then.....:biggrinbounce2:

PEST said:
1 66 715 960

I'd love to hear that one come back

Not sure what your problem is pest... Why is it such a surprise to you that the 070 is still made? Do a search on AS - this has been taked about many times before. The saw has been made since 1968. There are a few styling changes, but it is essentially the same unit today.

The saw was made in Germany in June/July of last year. They make a few dozen units a day on a small assembly line for export to Asia and South America.

The "yellow" coating is just an anti-corrosive plating - they can't use cadmium anymore.

Last edited:
He wears his name well

Lakeside53 said:
Not sure what your problem is pest... Why is it such a surprise to you that the 070 is still made? Do a search on AS - this has been taked about many times before. The saw has been made since 1968. There are a few styling changes, but it is essentially the same unit today.

The saw was made in Germany in June/July of last year. They make a few dozen units a day on a small assembly line for export to Asia and South America.

The "yellow" coating is just an anti-corrosive plating - they can't use cadmium anymore.

Caw Caw Caw Crow feathers anyone??????:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

You can still buy 070 and yes also 090 built in Germany. The 090 is sold mainly to Malasia and is sold through Stihl Australia.

do the instructions want you to mix at 50:1 like the more up to date models they offer? Curious about what Stihl thinks.

Since it's not sold here, I didn't get a manual for it.. So I dont know..

Sweet saw. What sized trees to y'all have in Sweden that you would need such a massive machine?

No, I don't need it.. just bought it for fun..

cheers
/klas

Welcome Eriksberg

After drooling all over myself, over your saw. I called my cousin Fredrick Bauer in Stutegard Germany, I know I spelled that wrong. Woke his butt up, I have a problem with time zones. I asked about the 090, 070 and some of the others. His reply was They still produce a limited number of those, but who would want one? I told him If there was anyway to get me an 090, I wanted it.He said, No problem, I'll call you at 4am, UGH payback time.

Back