New Stihl 070

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aquan8tor said:
Just took a look at the Stihl-mexico site. They have 070's, 076's, and 051's in their product line. I don't speak spanish, but it sure looks like an authentic STIHL site to me....but no 090's listed there.

That's right, the 076s and 051s are sold elsewere in South America also, as is the 08S.

Originally I believed that those models was made by Stihl in Brazil, but at least the 070s are in fact made in Germany......:biggrinbounce2:

Man!!!I want one. How would one go about getting one here?Do I have to call a mexican saw shop and get them to send it? Is there a way to get ahold of a german salesman to get one?? Let me know and I will look into it.

Eriksberg said:
The saw came with Rapid Standard (RC) chain, is that what you call "Micro Bit"?

cheers
/klas
Actually, I have never heard of that chain - but I don't know much about .404 chain anyway.......:blob2: :blob2:

Found info

Found this but I am amazed that Stihl can sell them for less than 435 US dollars since I assume that the buyer had a go between.

Stihl does have factories in China as well as other major countries so who knows where all the individual parts come from?

From Andreas Stihl AG
"The internationally-oriented, family company Stihl has its headquarters in Waiblingen. Along with these plants, the company has four additional locations throughout Germany and five overseas branches in the US, Brazil, China, Austria and Switzerland."

I have seen parts of the 070s being made in Germany

PEST said:
Found this but I am amazed that Stihl can sell them for less than 435 US dollars since I assume that the buyer had a go between.

Stihl does have factories in China as well as other major countries so who knows where all the individual parts come from?

From Andreas Stihl AG
"The internationally-oriented, family company Stihl has its headquarters in Waiblingen. Along with these plants, the company has four additional locations throughout Germany and five overseas branches in the US, Brazil, China, Austria and Switzerland."

I have seen parts of the 070s being made in Germany

You're grasping at straws... The Chinese factory isn't even operational yet... and it will be making weedwacker first, for China...

This saw in made in Germany from German components...

kkottemann said:
Man!!!I want one. How would one go about getting one here?Do I have to call a mexican saw shop and get them to send it? Is there a way to get ahold of a german salesman to get one?? Let me know and I will look into it.

Last I checked it was really expensive in Mexico... I was looking at an 051.. for about $US1200.. Probaly better to buy it in Brazil as part of a vacation.

You also need to say it's for a museum or something, or customs grabs it because of EPA..

Marc1 said:
You can still buy 070 and yes also 090 built in Germany. The 090 is sold mainly to Malasia and is sold through Stihl Australia.

It would surprise me 100% but i feel these were discontined because of lack of safety features like Chainbrake maybe the asians and mexicans are a cheaper form of human life but hey where's Stihl's morals.

Mc Bob.

Hard to beat the 330 euro he paid for it. Maybe he can get more.

personally I don't like it nor the 090 or the 090R can't comment on the 090G but there is one around here so I'll try it sometime

On an intersting side note ford is making a limited run of pinto's for the fourth of july and they are going to make 113 mustang 2's in 2007.

They question is not whether or not they would do it but why the hell would anyone want one other than nostalgia?

ozflea said:
... maybe the asians and mexicans are a cheaper form of human life but hey where's Stihl's morals.

Mc Bob.

It is more about local laws and regulations, or lack thereoff - morals are not Stihls problem, money are......:rockn: :ices_rofl:

begleytree said:
or in your case, troll, scandalous natives!!
Ralph :cheers:
I am just a Scandinavian, not that scandalous I believe.....

:greenchainsaw: :laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl:

I love this forum, it is the only one I follow, of any sort! :heart:

Last edited:
I am on the trail of a story and will let you know.

I do not take the word of a Stihl dealer for anything

Have you ever seen Stihl snowmobile oil? there is a container around here that I need to find I'll let the usual suspects yak on about it and then I will tell the real story

The 070 appears by all accounts to be genuine yet was deemed to be a Chineese reproduction.
I am intrigued at what made Pest jump the gun.
Is it that comon?
Are they so good that you cannot spot the difference?
Is it the fact that it is an older model assumed not to be manufactured anymore?
Or is it Mr Pest just being himself? ;)

ozflea said:
It would surprise me 100% but i feel these were discontined because of lack of safety features like Chainbrake maybe the asians and mexicans are a cheaper form of human life but hey where's Stihl's morals.

Mc Bob.

Yeah, sometimes I wish we had less regulations...it would make life a lot easier and chainsaws cheaper;)

Back