New stihl 880 build cylinder looks like its missing plating

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hyway cylinder are good cylinders I've never burned one up I can name alot of good cylinders if I have oem I'll use it as long as the timing numbers are good there is alot to look at I went to stihl today we checked the squish on a 881 41 thousands that's not very good and tearing down a new saw to perform is to pricey like I said I've cut timber for years I've laughed at the aftermarket stuff then I used some of it but I understand a bunch of people have had nothing but problems and were it's made I understand all that but as for me I don't care who makes or were it's from if it works as good as the oem I'm not paying more money for oem I did get oem cylinder for 880 chooses were limited so I'll have 3 cylinders to choose from I'll build 3 saws we see witch one is better I'll post video of all 3 cutting let's see if anyone can pick the stock oem saw out
How much time do you have in these saws making them right... Grinding on crap cylinders just so they don't hang a ring etc and add the cost of switching out part's for quality oem parts...
Just how much of a bargain are these China saws your time must be worth nothing.
Personally I've got better things to do with my time than fixing a brand new saws problems before I can even use the thing.

This last cylinder was really nice other than that spot it had clean intake and exhaust ports everything was within specs hell it was even square I about fell off the chair there is good and bad in all like cars everyone argues ford better than chevy so forth if you look at stihl husqvarna there parts are from all other like somone said in here stihl and those other companies have qc but even that sometimes bad passes by them mistakes are made and usually I don't spend no more time on a aftermarket cylinder than a oem if it's that bad it's set aside

This last cylinder was really nice other than that spot

Doesnt matter much if "this last cylinder" was that good it laid golden eggs overnight- the large patch of missing plating means it is a money down the drain paper weight.
If it were Stihl OEM and arrived like that you would have a new replacement or full refund with no questions asked and somebody at Stihl QC might be hauled into the bosses office for a systems review.

Can’t just look at a 2 stroke cylinder and see the quality. Port height, shape, direction, and area determine how it will run moreso than the cc’s. Most AM cylinders have smaller ports and shoot half of the charge straight out the exhaust port, resulting in running like a much smaller saw.

I have 660s built I've changed the covers so they all look farmertec and muffler no stickers bet no one can pick out the oem saw

Back