New stihl safety chain rsc3

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
treeclimber jul

treeclimber jul

ArboristSite Operative
Has anyone used this chain? How do you like it? I am not a safety chain person but this chain cuts great and has very little vibrations, on the 361 of course.:blob2:

how do I download pic?? Please help

Last edited:
Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
pic of chain Finally figured it out

Not quite.... you need to resize the image before uploading it. 800x600 is a decent choice.

Note that it's less than 10% of the orginal file size..

attachment.php

Last edited:
Greg Harrison

Greg Harrison

ArboristSite Member
They also created a new PM chain it is called a "Comfort "chain also. I may try one for my 026 and one for my MS200 to see how they work. they are supposed to cut better and be smoother!
Greg Harrison

livewire

livewire

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yup. The 361 wears the rsc3 very well. I normally run skip but this chain cut good enough to make me buy another spare. I normally don't like safety chains but this combo can't be denied.

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
Thanks Lakeside, I'll use that on the next ones.

Also how do you post the pic on the thread and not as a link??:help:

Upload it first just like you did, then copy the url (open the pic and copy the address), paste it into the message, and add image (IMG) tags around it.

like this, but without any spaces inside the brackets

[ I M G ] http:// etc etc [ /I M G ]

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
It doesn't cut much different to it's non-safety brother - the RSC.

Seeing the pictures makes me disappointed.

Both the ramps and rakers look larger, and more restrictive, than the original Oregon design (LP, VP etc), probably it will not clear out chips as effectively, and it will probably not bore-cut as well either.

I would stay away, but in smaller wood, for crosscutting, there is probably nothing to worry about...........

Last edited:
rktman

rktman

ArboristSite Lurker
This looks like the chain that came on my MS250. My problem with it is that I can't fit my file down into the area where I need to file the cutter. I am using one of those bar mounted file n joint sharpeners. I suppose I will have to have it ground down by someone for the first time so I can sharpen it later. And Yes I'm using the right file.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
This looks like the chain that came on my MS250. My problem with it is that I can't fit my file down into the area where I need to file the cutter. I am using one of those bar mounted file n joint sharpeners. I suppose I will have to have it ground down by someone for the first time so I can sharpen it later. And Yes I'm using the right file.

Imo chisel Stihl chains are a bit difficult to get the file properly into the first time - just try a file one size smaller, and free-hand it......