New Stihls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logcutter429

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Im new here , but Im wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me, Ive' run 44s and 46s for years with no problems but they changed tank styles and everytime you open the gas or oil tanks it fills with trash, I rinse em out but im sure i will have problems down the road, anyone else out there

New Stihl

Well. each time I burn a tank. the trash is saw dust that builds up underneath the cap. so when you open it alot of it falls in, like i say i rinse it out but after about 8 tanks a day your not going to get it all.

Originally posted by sonny
Let Stihl know about problems ? Like they give a ????. they gave up on product a few yrs. back.

That's exactly right. As proof, look at all the Stihl's for sale in the 'box stores' like Lowe's, undermining their dealer network. Oh, wait...... that's HUSKY!
My mistake.:eek:

stihl

Yeah I know . All POS. That is why I am having my best year ever. Bring em on. That is also why they just fixed an 066 that is 1 year old under warranty when warranty is only 90 days. I have a real voice to talk to about warranty. Darn POS. Old saws won't die, POS.More customers in shop.
Wait, those are good things. Wish they hadn't given up, it could be a lot better, I think.

I looked at a tank today and see where it is getting in. There is a notch in the plastic ring under the top of the cap. A suggestion for now, flip up lever and dump trash out before you open the cap. Not a cure, but should help. Seems a better ring would help.
Anybody else with this problem, contact me.

Back