New-Style eBay Dual Port 440/460 muffler review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know Brad. As always, thanks for jumping in. Never had to tear one down (a 461)

Good to know Brad. As always, thanks for jumping in. Never had to tear one down (a 461)
I argue for a long time that they're not strato at all. Port timing and everything is standard. However, the long transfer ducts are designed to help make the engine run cleaner. IMHO, I think it should be called something besides a strato.

I argue for a long time that they're not strato at all. Port timing and everything is standard. However, the long transfer ducts are designed to help make the engine run cleaner. IMHO, I think it should be called something besides a strato.
Hey is there any particular dual port muffler you prefer or recommend a guy to get for a ms461?????

Id get a 460 dual port front cover, and open the rear port as large as the deflector will allow and call it done.

You could probably even skip the dual port front and still come out nicely.

I also now realize you were asking Brad :)

Id get a 460 dual port front cover, and open the rear port as large as the deflector will allow and call it done.

You could probably even skip the dual port front and still come out nicely.

I also now realize you were asking Brad :)
No, appriciate your input Erik.... I totally forgot I was goin to get one from you awhile back....if I don't do something right then, I start doing something else and usually forget...:angry:

Oh and I did "Waller" out the exghuast hole in my ms362.... Damn thing is still running like a champ!!!!!

Oh and by the way I was looking at the ms362 carcus that Newtostihl sent me when I was rebuilding my ms362.... I got a lot of good parts from it, but it was used heavily.... I am honestly thinking about doing a full blown rebuild on it.... It would need damn near new everything, bearings, seals, maybe crank????

Bottom end bearings and seals isnt bad. New crank sorta makes me say forget it on a 362. 660-880? Yeah fix it. 362? I bet you could find a good used one for what youd be in the rebuild for. Maybe less!

Bottom end bearings and seals isnt bad. New crank sorta makes me say forget it on a 362. 660-880? Yeah fix it. 362? I bet you could find a good used one for what youd be in the rebuild for. Maybe less!
Right, I got ya.... Ya for sure won't be doin it if it's that much...... It still has some good parts I can use if/when mine brakes, so she may just remain a parts carcus lol!!!!!

Now you're talking. The value of a parts saw is not lost on me, and its amazing how one can keep you up and running for quite a while!

I seem to have found the original muffler I purchased from a different supplier, stateside. Price is a little higher, but he's quite clear that spark screens are in place on the rear half and front dual port. I'm 95% sure this is the same muffler I purchased multiples of, and was beyond pleased!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231955212942

Back