New tank/handle assembly 046 CRAP !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick5o

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm workin on a 046 mag, needs new tank/handle assembly but stihl can only get assembly's with stupid flippy cap. This is not cool, what are my options if any ?!? Thx

I've never had to deal with that so can't comment other than..wonder why no one with the resources hasn't come up with an aftermarket tank fill adapter, flippy to screw caps? Seems a nice little niche product there.

The flip up cap has gone through some improvements and are not as bad as you would think. I have several saws with both screw in and flip up style and I actually prefer the flip up for ease of use. But you could always buy a used donor saw and keep the rest for parts never know when you might need them.

I've never had to deal with that so can't comment other than..wonder why no one with the resources hasn't come up with an aftermarket tank fill adapter, flippy to screw caps? Seems a nice little niche product there.

Couldn't agree more !!! I don't think it would be a fortune 500 company but could definitely make some money.
I'd buy a dozen up front !

Back