New To Georgia..........Need Help!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was not a big area last time i was there.

i wood check out Dahlonega. i'd say there is more work there and it's not too far.

Tree Lounge treestands are made in Cumming.maybe they are hiring.

Must have been a while since you've been there, Cummings/Forsyth co. area has exploded in the last 15 yrs. Many tree services close to or located there. Check out the help wanted section on the Georgia Arborist Association website. Or Atlanta area Craigslist.

it's been at least 10 years.

i stand corrected then.seemed like an area they wanted to keep small.guess they changed there minds.

that whole Atlanta area is beautiful but that traffic is assinine.i don't think i could ever live there.

my ex wife is from there and says it gets worse every time she goes to see her sister.

I just finished moving to Cumming Ga. I am down here with next to no contacts. Is there any chance a member here can use some part time help or give some guidance..............I need whatever I can get!!!

Thanx!!!

Are you from the south? If not take a little time to read the dictionary in my signature so you can sorta understand us:laugh:

Didn't mean to sound smart-alecky Fishercat-Cummings used to be very rural. I started out in the tree business trimming right- of way for a utility company in that area nearly 20 yrs. ago. Back then it was pretty countrified. There were quite a few upscale developments around Lake Lanier and a few newer subdivisions here and there. My very first residential (private job/side job/weekender whatever you want to call it) came from there. Climbed my butt off trimming huge Chestnut oaks for $22 per hr. Now it's wall to wall cookie cutter subdivisions.

no worries,i didn't take it that way.

Didn't mean to sound smart-alecky Fishercat-Cummings used to be very rural. I started out in the tree business trimming right- of way for a utility company in that area nearly 20 yrs. ago. Back then it was pretty countrified. There were quite a few upscale developments around Lake Lanier and a few newer subdivisions here and there. My very first residential (private job/side job/weekender whatever you want to call it) came from there. Climbed my butt off trimming huge Chestnut oaks for $22 per hr. Now it's wall to wall cookie cutter subdivisions.

like i said,a lot changes down south in ten years.that is a lot of time for hordes of Yankee yuppies to move down and ruin it.

Not quite wall to wall subdivisions. there is still plenty of farm/rural land here!!!

I guess it all depends on what you're used to. I grew up 65 miles north of Cummings in the mountains. Over 50% of our county is Forest Service land. So Cummings seems pretty citified to me. I have noticed that there are some really nice bucks coming out of Forsyth Co. lately if you like to deer hunt. Finding acess to enough land to hunt would be a challenge though.

deer seemed like rats ten years ago.

I guess it all depends on what you're used to. I grew up 65 miles north of Cummings in the mountains. Over 50% of our county is Forest Service land. So Cummings seems pretty citified to me. I have noticed that there are some really nice bucks coming out of Forsyth Co. lately if you like to deer hunt. Finding acess to enough land to hunt would be a challenge though.

and that was in Woodstock when i used to visit the ex SIL.

no kidding about Georgia becoming over populated. We have had an huge amount of south Florida yanks moving in a few years ago when storms hit (driving up land prices higher than we can afford, dont have that prob as bad now thanks to gov.) but i have noticed they seem to like professional tree services and not crack heads with saws.

Latest posts

Back