new to me 066 arrived today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flame fighter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
full wrap 066 I bought on ebay arrived today, overall it doesn't look to be in bad shape. as far as compression it passes the hanging test it will hold for about 5-6 seconds and then will start to lower downfor one cycle of the motorthen just hangs there again. it is one of the red lights with no comp release. showed up with a 32" bar, and a sthil full skip square chisle chain. bar was repainted chain has a few spots of surface rust but has lots of life left (looks like it was only installed and was never used to cut anything). I won't get a chance to see how it runs for a few days as I have to go out of town. I figure befor I run the thing I'm going to pull off all of the shrouding as it could stand some cleaning, and will also pull the muffler just to confirm the condition of the piston and cyl. I've always run bel ray in my 2 cycles at 32:1 however I also have a guy in town who deals in Amsoil and I was thinking about trying the Saber at 50:1 or 60:1 as we have had good results with thier other products and it comes in more convenient packaging.

oh dear lord, someone said ams....oil. You should probably just leave now and never come back... :laugh: J/K. Run whatever works for you. It works for some and not for others. I prefer a little more oil, but after cooking a set of bearings, what do I know? lol.

Steve

flame fighter said:
I've always run bel ray in my 2 cycles at 32:1 however I also have a guy in town who deals in Amsoil and I was thinking about trying the Saber at 50:1 or 60:1 as we have had good results with thier other products and it comes in more convenient packaging.

Ben as our resident oil expert I thought that you would be better able to respond to this.

Thx.:clap:

Freakingstang said:
oh dear lord, someone said ams....oil. You should probably just leave now and never come back... :laugh: J/K. Run whatever works for you. It works for some and not for others. I prefer a little more oil, but after cooking a set of bearings, what do I know? lol.

Steve

DID I HEAR AMSOIL ..NOT AGAIN..

As much saw gas as many of you don't burn - why the hell do you run crappy mix? Just go but some Stihl or Husky mix, spend the extra money and KNOW your stuff is safe. It blows me away how many people screw themselves to save a dime.
Just my thoughts though.

Tree Sling'r said:
As much saw gas as many of you don't burn - why the hell do you run crappy mix? Just go but some Stihl or Husky mix, spend the extra money and KNOW your stuff is safe. It blows me away how many people screw themselves to save a dime.
Just my thoughts though.

YES!

Latest posts

Back