"New To Me" Alaskan Mill WhooHoo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PineFever

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Couple weeks ago I see an add on C/L for this Alaskan 36" mill.
Says used for one cut like new, $60.00 Best of all add location says Big Bear Lake, (about three miles from here). So I call, Guy was heading out of town to Turkey Hunt in Oregon but said he'd call me when he returned. Called me on Friday Night to say he was back and come get the mill. So I went and picked it up yesterday. While I was there he handed me a Box with a brand New Lumber Maker in it, said here take this too. I asked why he only made one cut and quit, he answered way to much work. I had almost given up on trying to find a used mill and was ready to order a new one from Bailey's.
Here is what the SCORE :biggrinbounce2: looks like,
even though DUMMY ME found a way to lose one of the Black Caps that go in the posts in a three mile drive home!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now I am looking for a log of Pinyon Pine to try it out on.

Thanks for the nice replies and info on the caps.:)
I was trying to locate the owners manual in pdf form on the net as I did not get any instructions with it, the previous owner tossed em.
I am looking forward to using it as soon as I can get a little time, when I do I'll post pics of my first adventure in milling.
Does anyone know if you can buy the auxiliary oiling unit or do most of you make your own set up? I don't think it would be very hard to make one.
:cheers:

Thanks for the nice replies and info on the caps.:)
I was trying to locate the owners manual in pdf form on the net as I did not get any instructions with it, the previous owner tossed em.
I am looking forward to using it as soon as I can get a little time, when I do I'll post pics of my first adventure in milling.
Does anyone know if you can buy the auxiliary oiling unit or do most of you make your own set up? I don't think it would be very hard to make one.

Bailey's has it for $45:

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=46801&catID=9877

nice find i thonk u will like it overall. and with only 60 bucks in them that is what i call a bargan. wish i could run up on a smokin deal like that. oh well all the best and be safe and we need pict of the first outing.
jnl

Nice one mate :cheers
Look forward to seeing the pics of it in action.

If you havn't already done so, do your self a favour and download a copy of Chainsaw Lumbermaking, you'll find it very usefull.

Rob.

Chainsaw Lumbermaking?

Nice one mate :cheers
Look forward to seeing the pics of it in action.

If you havn't already done so, do your self a favour and download a copy of Chainsaw Lumbermaking, you'll find it very usefull.

Rob.

Well, shucks, I paid twice that on ebay for a used 36" MK 3, and I've not had the chance to try it yet, still using the small mill. But my question is this, where to download a copy of this book? I had a pdf copy for a few days, my hard drive crashed, and I hadn't backed it up recently enough to keep it.

Good score PF! :clap: If you want to replace that cap you can buy a pack of them at Home Depot for a couple of $. Like brad says you don't want it filling up with water.

Thanks for that info Bob, I want the cap until I can get the Aux oiler from Bailey's. I'll be keeping it inside when not in use.

Latest posts

Back