New to me fleamarket find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decableguy2000

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well I think I done well Sun at the flea market. I got a Husqvarna 55 rancher with a 20" bar/chain extra 18" bar, 2 18" new chains 1 used, a 20" new chain, new plug, gallon and 1/2 of Husq. bar oil, some oil mix, 4 pair of work gloves and a pair of googles. All that for 240 I think it was a fair deal, the starts and runs well. Plus I got a few other 10 part saws for the pile.

Jeremy

What's a used 55 go for these days? Depending on how "used" it is, you probably did pretty OK. The 55 is a good saw for the everyday Joe - you should see years of reliability out of it. Some thoughts:

Check ebay to see how well you did. Bear in mind that saws are usually overpriced there, so use that as a general guide.

The 55 is at it's upper limits with a 20" bar and 3/8 pitch chain; you'll be happier running the 18" setup.

What kind of oil? Good brand-name stuff or some one-oil-fits all stuff? Depending on your answer, you may be better off in the long run scrapping that out and replacing it with the good stuff. Plenty of threads about what the good stuff is, browse around and you'll trip over one soon.

Work gloves - make sure they are good ones. I bought a gaggle of those ninety-nine-cents-a-pair leather-palmed gauntlet gloves recently and found that the linings are too slippery for woods work, my hands squirted out of 'em evey time I grabbed a log. Be careful.

welcome to AS. Now you need an MS361:cheers:

Every bit of the chains, bar, sharpener, and bar oil are OEM Husqvarna. For me that much oil will last 3 years. The saw is about 8 out of 10.

Jeremy

I just checked "the 'bay", if I saw what I thought I saw, you may not have done that well after all.

Latest posts

Back