New to me wood heater

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus103363

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got a free new to me heater and wondering if anyone knows anything about them. Its a wonderwood wood burner. I'm gonna put it in my shop...when it gets built here in the next year.

5641a255cf8fa3061c38fefc23186c6a.jpg
5c6c0c677e64a91fe5d800116014354c.jpg

Thanks

Never seen one but bet it is a classic high BTU smoke dragon. You can peek inside and see if there is a baffle or anything, but I doubt it. It's a fill er up and let it rip heater with a blower! Very nice score for a freebie! Should work just fine for a shop.

That was my first wood heater. Mine was "free" too. But I had no idea what 18' of class A SS chimney was gonna cost me! :laugh:
Those suckers will make some heat now! 'Course you better have a good stockpile of wood too. Make sure you put a key damper in the flue pipe, sometimes the lil thermospring linkage to the air damper door will hang up, and it's red hot flue pipe time at that point if you have a wide open chimney! I think a damper helps with efficiency a bit too.

Never seen one but bet it is a classic high BTU smoke dragon. You can peek inside and see if there is a baffle or anything, but I doubt it. It's a fill er up and let it rip heater with a blower! Very nice score for a freebie! Should work just fine for a shop.
Yup, no baffle. Fire in a box. Putting a baffle in would help 'er out a lot.

They sell them at Tractor Supply (TSC)... probably get a peak of their manual if you asked. One of my brother in laws had one otherwise, I am unfamiliar with them.

Latest posts

Back