New To Sump Biz.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhudson

Reaction score
Any advice on how or where to get trained in the art of stump grinding other than doing it myself?I have an opportunity to dig stumps exclusively for a local tree company. I have rented a Vermeer 252 and dug a few stumps in friends yards. Also what machine is best for all around use? How do I dig stumps close to fences, driveways, landscaping, on steep inclines, etc?? How do I verify no utility lines near stumps? Would local tree companies be willing to let me observe or even help for no charge? Please give me any and all info you can!!!!

Any advice on how or where to get trained in the art of stump grinding other than doing it myself?I have an opportunity to dig stumps exclusively for a local tree company. I have rented a Vermeer 252 and dug a few stumps in friends yards. Also what machine is best for all around use? How do I dig stumps close to fences, driveways, landscaping, on steep inclines, etc?? How do I verify no utility lines near stumps? Would local tree companies be willing to let me observe or even help for no charge? Please give me any and all info you can!!!!

Call one call for utilities fences may be moved to facilitate grinding!
steep inclines will require a bit of thought and a higher bid but I usually
use winch to support grinder and work very slow. Drive ways require careful grinding and then axe of some other means to get the rest out or a jack hammer if drive is going to be repaired. The machine will have safe operation guidelines that should be followed and never get in front of a moving wheel shut it down and stop wheel before leaving machine most of the rest is time spent.

Latest posts

Back