New to tee climbing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lionzzzz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Fellas, I could use some advice to get started. I’m looking for boots that will work well with climbing spikes. They’ve got arborist boots, logging, and lineman which seem to be pretty similar. Especially the logging and arborist boots. I do need a wide width or something that runs fairly wide. They seem to be all over the place with options and features. Triple steel shank, composite shank, or some other materials as well as different vibram soles or different material options.
Here’s what I do know.
1-I expect to spend at least $200+ easy for a quality pair.
2-I’m not going pro so I don’t need the top of the line.
3-I don’t know how much it matters when it comes to the shank style and material and sole material when it comes to support while wearing climbing spikes but I’m looking for whatever combination works best for comfort. I’m also a larger guy (255lbs) if that matter when choosing what style, materials and features.
I could really use some help with this. Feet are too important to get this decision wrong. I don’t really have the money to keep trying different ones. One choice, one pair.
Thanks in advance for your help and your time.
Steven

Fellas, I could use some advice to get started. I’m looking for boots that will work well with climbing spikes. They’ve got arborist boots, logging, and lineman which seem to be pretty similar. Especially the logging and arborist boots. I do need a wide width or something that runs fairly wide. They seem to be all over the place with options and features. Triple steel shank, composite shank, or some other materials as well as different vibram soles or different material options.
Here’s what I do know.
1-I expect to spend at least $200+ easy for a quality pair.
2-I’m not going pro so I don’t need the top of the line.
3-I don’t know how much it matters when it comes to the shank style and material and sole material when it comes to support while wearing climbing spikes but I’m looking for whatever combination works best for comfort. I’m also a larger guy (255lbs) if that matter when choosing what style, materials and features.
I could really use some help with this. Feet are too important to get this decision wrong. I don’t really have the money to keep trying different ones. One choice, one pair.
Thanks in advance for your help and your time.
Steven
I don't climb much at all now, and never climbed much when I did...
That said, you need to have a block heel and thick soles, Taller the boot the more comfy the climb, especially if you can get the boot as tall or taller then the pads on your gaffs (spurs) but that does mean an extra expense (they also make quite the fashion statement) But tall boots ain't necessary, its just nice
anyway block heel and thick soles are a must have though.

I would suggest spending as much as you can afford, custom boots are a game changer for everyday let alone the random tree climbing.

I’ve got $400 to work with. Now…Arborist or Logger boots. I read somewhere that the-Arbpro Clip n step runs wide. I heard the same for the Arbortec Kayo. Does anyone have any experience with these shoes? How they fit? I’ve looked at Haix as well. They have wide sizes but say they all run narrow. Idk what sense that makes.

I’ve got $400 to work with. Now…Arborist or Logger boots. I read somewhere that the-Arbpro Clip n step runs wide. I heard the same for the Arbortec Kayo. Does anyone have any experience with these shoes? How they fit? I’ve looked at Haix as well. They have wide sizes but say they all run narrow. Idk what sense that makes.
You will have issues finding quality climbing boots for less than $400. They ain’t cheap. Maybe some cheaper imports can be found…don’t know.

You will have issues finding quality climbing boots for less than $400. They ain’t cheap. Maybe some cheaper imports can be found…don’t know.
Well I’ve got $400 so I’m not looking for something cheap. I just can’t get any advice about brands or certain styles that would work great for what I’m using them for. I’m confused. I thought arborist are on this arborist site. I’ve got to imagine you all don’t gotcha up trees barefoot 🦶, so come on guys. I could use some advice please…Other than a random comment that offers little to no direction or help.

Well I’ve got $400 so I’m not looking for something cheap. I just can’t get any advice about brands or certain styles that would work great for what I’m using them for. I’m confused. I thought arborist are on this arborist site. I’ve got to imagine you all don’t gotcha up trees barefoot 🦶, so come on guys. I could use some advice please…Other than a random comment that offers little to no direction or help.
It often takes several days for guys to see and then respond to questions. You might also try ample specific forum than introductions.
Hang in there :p

Back