Climbing Boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcirre

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’m sure this has been touched on in the past but here goes..

What is everyone’s go to Climbing Boot?

For reference. I am 6’ 185.

I just blew out a pair of Salewas that I really enjoyed, outside of the winter months, for the last year. I see everyone wearing the Evo 2 but they just look bulky to me. I’m curious about the Neos but none of the go to companies have them. Also, not a a fan of logger style. But will hear all opinions. Thanks!

I don't have the $ to buy arborist specific boot.

I go to the local used and consignment sporting goods store they have a huge selection used hard body, true mountaineering boots to choose from.

Mountaineering boots can be ridiculously expensive up to $ 1,500 😲with a large choice of stiffness and features.

Used price range from $20
...up to about $150.

My used Scarpa mountaineers cost me $25 .

I only climb with them, they will out live me.😊

alright, i’ve gone through the gamut of boot types: Loggers, hikers, backpacking, military, mountaineering. Always on the quest for the right boot. Some provide that support for spurs but are clunky as hell for boppin around in a canopy. Others are super comfortable for transitioning from ground to tree and back again but wear out. I wanted something that was durable but fit like a glove that I could climb, walk, roundhouse, whatever in. I’ve never had a pair of the arbpos because they seemed to give out on dudes after a year. I took a long shot on an Italian brand called Fitwell. They make alpine and adventurous lifestyle boots. I bought a pair called Hero. Holy smokes it’s perfect. Check out the brand. They have arborist boots. Nothing is sold by then in North America to my knowledge. Honeybros uk sells a couple models. To summarize: look for a European brand for your climbing/ all around boot and have a dedicated pair of spiking boots. There’s more out there in the world than what’s on sherril

Latest posts

Back