New to the site and to forestry looking for basics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCBearss

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new to this site ad am looking for some basic information. Just wanted to know a good place to start learning the basic principles, formulas, and other good information on forest management, logging basics, and trees in general.

I am not a home owner and do not live in the states. I have beeen in the Army 12 years and would like to get as much information as I can. Web resources would be best but also books or videos.

My basic question I guess would be where do I start? Thanks again.

tree climbing basics

look for the (tree climbers guild) by Sharon Lily, you can get through the ISA or any number of tree tool suppliers also the ( tree climber companion) you can find a lot at (Google search)

If you want to learn anything about how to drop trees without limbing them first then you need to get a hold of "Professional timber falling ("A procedural approach")" by D. Douglas Dent

It will show you how to drop every kind of tree you will encounter safely step by step. Tons of useful info, every professional should read it. And its under $15.00

You can find this book easily on Baileysonline.com

Hello everyone. I am new to this site ad am looking for some basic information. Just wanted to know a good place to start learning the basic principles, formulas, and other good information on forest management, logging basics, and trees in general.

I am not a home owner and do not live in the states. I have beeen in the Army 12 years and would like to get as much information as I can. Web resources would be best but also books or videos.

My basic question I guess would be where do I start? Thanks again.

When I started a quarter century ago +, I obtained much information from Indiana Department of Naturual Resources concerning managing trees in a woods or forest enviorment. I think all the states have a DNR website and most likely your country does also. A search on the internet should come up with what your looking for.

Back