New Toy ;o)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain dangers

partner 1633B (skil) chainsaw
Reaction score
hi guy's I just thought I would share my photos of unboxing my new toy I acquired. I bought this blind as a non runner for £60.00 inclusive of postage, and I must confess, I am not disappointed. I was going to sell it on, but I think this one is definitely for the collection ;o)

Attachments

• Partner P100 Chainsaw 001.JPG
    Partner P100 Chainsaw 001.JPG
    590.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Partner P100 Chainsaw 002.JPG
    Partner P100 Chainsaw 002.JPG
    501.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Partner P100 Chainsaw 003.JPG
    Partner P100 Chainsaw 003.JPG
    547.2 KB · Views: 65
just had her fired up and ticking over but unfortunately she died when I engaged full throttle, but started no problem straight to tick over, so I presume she needs a good carb clean as they may be a varnish build up in the H jet? I did fit a new main metering diaphragm prior and all looked clean inside there. and to be honest was just to impatient and wanted to here the old lass sing. am I right in thinking the carb setting on the L screw is 1.5 turns? I have no idea what the H screw is. I don't want to tear the carb down unnecessarily if I can help it? and would like to try the basic setting first. unfortunately the pull cord failed so I couldn't upload a video just yet. I will have to put this one on hold as I still have my Homelite 1050 super in bits , on the bench waiting for a carb kit. but uploads of both will surely be coming in the near future ;o)

No..I wouldn't know. Google specs.
Get it running again and turn your idle up until the chain spins (race's ) turn low until chain runner the quickest with out sputtering turn counterclockwise a quarter turn.
Let saw balance in the tips of your fingers and operate trigger without interfering with the saws inertia. The quickest response is a good setting. A delayed response is usually lean. It should start one pull after tuning as well as hot.
Some saws may have a flat spot so then I just back it of the 1/4 turn from the sweet spot and make sure it starts easy hot and cold.
I don't have any experience with Partner saws or small saws very often.
Good luck Richie

No..I wouldn't know. Google specs.
Get it running again and turn your idle up until the chain spins (race's ) turn low until chain runner the quickest with out sputtering turn counterclockwise a quarter turn.
Let saw balance in the tips of your fingers and operate trigger without interfering with the saws inertia. The quickest response is a good setting. A delayed response is usually lean. It should start one pull after tuning as well as hot.
Some saws may have a flat spot so then I just back it of the 1/4 turn from the sweet spot and make sure it starts easy hot and cold.
I don't have any experience with Partner saws or small saws very often.
Good luck Richie
I think I will change the fuel line whilst I'm on for good measure, it really is a cracker of a saw, it did actually come with a 20 inch bar and chain fitted with a 3/8 rim drive sprocket. the only thing its missing is the bucking spike ;o)

Ok..It is a big saw.
Hard to tell from pics if your don't know the saw. The "100" tiped me off. Yeah thats a great buy.
There is a you tube vid of one running there Richie
they are 100cc (muscle saw ;o)) I believe they were also the same as the mac pm 1000? I do have a partner R30 (85CC) and quite a rare model from what I gather?

the carb was full of crap like tony blair as the filter had broken off inside the tank so a stack of crap had accumulated at the gauze filter so I stripped the carb down blew it out with the air line, fitted a new carb kit and fuel line and this is the 1st run ;o) I think it may be rich on the L screw? I did set the jets to 1.5 turns from being seated. I'm not sure what the factory setting is? I have a 36inch bar and chain ordered from the U.S.A for the old lass and she will be getting flipped ;o) jobs a gudun!

Your carb settings might be right on spot. If it is smoking from sitting for a while then that will clear up after it gets good and heated up. Put it in wood to see if it cleans up in the cut. If anything you may need to turn the L screw in just a tiny bit.

Your carb settings might be right on spot. If it is smoking from sitting for a while then that will clear up after it gets good and heated up. Put it in wood to see if it cleans up in the cut. If anything you may need to turn the L screw in just a tiny bit.
it does clear up when its revved, it was ticking over for a while before I started recording. I haven't got any wood to sink it into unfortunately ;o( but I think a good days cutting and a fine tune by an experienced hand will make all the difference ;o) it had been stood years unused, presumably due to the dirt in the carb? thanks for your input.

Back