New Tribe Pro Gear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsbeats

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got my new saddle in and it is very nice. The big legstraps that everybody brags about are comfortable, but come with a downside (as does everything in life), when I was on spurs taking down a White Pine, Wirecore flip line attached to the side D's limbing as I went up, the pads were poking me in the rectum making me feel uncomfortable, like I was at a democratic convention or something.

Anyhow, I did notice the added control having been on a floating bridge for so long and this being a fixed attachment point, it just meant that my body stayed square with the saddle keeping my weight and footing more predictable. Downside here is leg mobility, just not on par with the Butterfly leg loops. The B-fly isn't as nice to hang in all the time but the mobility of the floating bridge and having nothing to impede leg movement are a better trade off as far as I'm concered.

Long story long, I still fly the B-fly and my help gets the Pro Gear NT. A great value nonetheless that I would buy again in a heartbeat, after the election though........................

neither one of those saddles are great. B-fly leg straps loosen up all the time unless your legs are that big around, and the welds on the rings are ugly and there's no chain saw attachment loop. Would have thought you would like a T-motion, Sequioa, or Master. B-fly was one of the best when it first came out but its a little antiquated now really. Pro gear looks simple and cheap though, someone could say that's good or bad. :msp_biggrin:

Back