"new" Used Husky 460, issues before even starting it the first time..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leftyz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just finally took delivery of my new-to-me husky 460 I bought on ebay, it got misrouted and took over a week to get here. I was so excited when it got here, drove the 1/4 mile down my dirt road to the mailbox and quickly scooped it up and brought it home.

Took it out of the box, immediately gassed it up and... WTF!!

rps20131108_132255_zpsc385d7c5.jpg

gas leak, flows out as fast as you pour it in

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Now I need to find a repair shop near me, if anyone knows any in 14901 please let me know... I could ship it back to the seller, but I thought I got a good deal, don't really like sending stuff back..

Last edited:
Seems to not leak if the cap is tightened up.. I guess it might just be a tank vent? I have never worked on one of these so I'm not even sure where to look for that..

Well the husky dealer was closed early and all weekend for vets day, so i found another guy in town that works on saws. I took it over there and he took a look at it and found a broken fuel return line. He said he will have to tear it adown further to replace it, so hopefully it'll be fixed by tomorrow..

With all the information available on this site, why not fix it yourself?

With all the information available on this site, why not fix it yourself?

I talked to the seller and he said to send him the bill. Plus with it being so new to me, I didn't want to be responsible for making it worse, as I would have less chance of recouping my expenses on it.

The really good thing about all of this is that now I know 3 places local to me for parts and to buy used saws from.. :) I found out after dropping the saw off, that it's the same guy my Dad bought his Echo 602VL from!

Got it back on Saturday, total cost was $45, and the ebay seller has already refunded me, so I guess this ended up with a happy ending, saw seems to run great, starts up first or 2nd pull. I haven't had a chance to put it to wood yet, but looking forward to cutting soon!

Glad it worked out for you, and didn't cost that much, and that the seller was a righteous dude and all.

Got it back on Saturday, total cost was $45, and the ebay seller has already refunded me, so I guess this ended up with a happy ending, saw seems to run great, starts up first or 2nd pull. I haven't had a chance to put it to wood yet, but looking forward to cutting soon!

You will like that saw.
It is as good as the MS290 series that is Stihl's #1 selling saw line.
Different, but just as good.

Mike

Thanks!! I have a brand new chain on it right now, the one that came with it needs to be sharpened badly. It's the 460 with the 24" bar, I've read quite a bit that it might be too much bar for that saw, I doubt it will bother me too much since I'm just a newbie.

Not sure about tuning it, I have much to learn :)

Took it out for the first time this afternoon, I'm very happy! This thing cuts great for what I need it to do, it sounds awesome too!

Only issue I'm having is that it doesn't want to idle. It does the high idle thing just fine after you start it, but if I don't keep revving it between cuts it dies out and is hard to restart. I've found it easiest to hit the little gas plunger about halfway and it'll start right back up.

I'm not sure if this is an idle screw adjustment thing, or a gas delivery thing...

Latest posts

Back