New wedge thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing your taxes is no place to be experimenting with wedges, this is definitley the time to use a bull rope. I've always done my taxes this way and it has never failed me. I'v been doing it this way for years, c'mon over and I'll show you how to do it. Is the loader to handle the bucket loads of cash you are getting back?:hmm3grin2orange:

Doing your taxes is no place to be experimenting with wedges, this is definitley the time to use a bull rope. I've always done my taxes this way and it has never failed me. I'v been doing it this way for years, c'mon over and I'll show you how to do it. Is the loader to handle the bucket loads of cash you are getting back?:hmm3grin2orange:

LOL...A loader to handle all the cash? Sure! Everybody knows theres nothing but money in this business and we're all getting rich. I know theres some money in there somewhere. Maybe over here...no, maybe over there...no...I'll keep looking. As much money as goes in there must be some still in there somewhere. :cheers: :cheers:

LOL...A loader to handle all the cash? Sure! Everybody knows theres nothing but money in this business and we're all getting rich. I know theres some money in there somewhere. Maybe over here...no, maybe over there...no...I'll keep looking. As much money as goes in there must be some still in there somewhere. :cheers: :cheers:

25 years...15 years on my own...I'm still lookin'...I thought I've been close a time or two,but the scent trail ran cold..If I find it,I will personally let you know..

skidder.jpg

this is what i use as a wedge almost all the time...atleast when i can get one in there...if not i keep 2 wedges in the truck...

wedging and saw gauge

John:

I'm ignorant here. Was the 63 ga common in AK?
Did you use it because it is so much easier to work with wedging?
Was there a noticeable loss in power with a larger gauge?

Do you see any need for 58 or 63 ga in wood smaller diameter wood?

If I didn't ask the right questions, fill in the blanks.

Thanks

{My taxes are pretty simple, I don't pay enough interest to itemize so just some 8 inch wedges was all that I needed.}

as for me i run .050 because it is easier to get and i can order loops from bailey's..i prefer .063 but isn't as easy to get.. i wish i could get 63 in loops.. the 63 is considerably stronger.. ive never really noticed a loss in power.

I used 63 in AK. because that was common and what most guys used. I used it here for several years till I switched to shorter bars and then 50 ga. is more common. Cant really tell a difference except that the 63 seems easier to clean the groove out. It might oil better on the longer bars. 63 that is.

Are you thinking of 404 pitch? I never ran it but I know guys say that you get hung up less with the wider kerf.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back